୧♥⌠Chapter 17⌡♥୨

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

January 23, XXXX

The next day of school came by. It was the same as any other day, except someone is gone.

...

 Inosuke. As expected, he is absent today and will be for the next two weeks. Zenitsu felt more exhausted than usual and desperately tried to ignore what had happened the other day in order to focus. However, he couldn't help it but think about Inosuke.

Lunchtime came around and it felt a little more lonely than usual. But Tanjirou and Kanao kept him company for a little bit until Zenitsu felt like he was bothering their alone time, so he decided to say that he was fine being alone for the rest of lunchtime.

"Are you sure?" Tanjirou asked. "Yeah, I just need to be alone for little" Zenitsu walks away and sits in a nearby table. 

"Is Zenitsu okay?" Kanao looked worried . "I hope he is okay. Let's allow him to have space, okay love?" Tanjirou took her hand and smiled. Kanao reciprocated his feelings and continues walking with him. 

At the table, Zenitsu was found just playing on his phone keeping him occupied. Until he thought about the kiss. His face heated up when it finally hit him. 

His first kiss was taken by his best friend, Inosuke. 

In an instant, he covered his mouth then his whole face with his hands and screamed into them. Omg omg omg!? I still can't believe that happened!! And you're gonna make me wait for two weeks to give you an answer?! You crazy son of a- AGH you are so stupid Inosuke!, he let out a big sigh and put his hands on his cheeks making him look like he's pouting. What should I even say once he comes back?? Do I even like him back? Of course as a friend! I've always appreciated the way he had my back, inviting me wherever he goes, sleepovers, being so kind sometimes, the gifts he gave me, holding my hand, giving me his undivided attention, his smile....his attrac- AHH WHAT AM I SAYING!! No no! I only think of him as a friend! Zenitsu was shaking his head in denial looking like a maniac until someone came up to him.

"What are you doing, Zenitsu?" it was the girl from his music class, Yua. "AH! Oh my god you scared me."

"Sorry! Didn't mean to. I just ran into you and found you are all by yourself, so I figured I should talk to you."

"Ah okay. I just needed time alone, that's all."

"Did something happen? You don't have to talk about it of course."

"I guess you could say that."

"Well I should leave you alone then huh. I'll get going then-"

"Wait! I actually have a question."

"Hm? What is it?"

"Uhh soooo... a friend!... of mine asked how would you know if you like someone. I didn't know what to say so I need someone else's opinion."

"Oh? Hmm well coming from experience, you tend to think about them ALL the time as if they're living in your head rent free. You also wanna hang out and talk with them hoping to get their full attention. You start to heat up whenever they're near you are even just thinking about them. And most importantly, you're comfortable being yourself around them and love to share your own experiences to them! What hits the nail is suddenly dreaming of them and now they look more attractive than before! Hehe of course, that's just me though. Everyone reacts differently but you'll know."

As she was talking, Zenitsu automatically thought of Inosuke and began to freak out as the realization finally set in. "No..nononono NO!" even though he tried to deny it, his face had a different response.