Golden as I open my eyes

Max's pov:

Me and Kelly texted for hours. I knew it was wrong, but what if she changed? Maybe we can make it work this time.

As I was laying on the couch, I heard some knocks at my door. I got up to see who it might be, because it was pretty late so why would someone come over now?

When I opened the door I was shocked to see Charles standing there. He had blood on his face and it was obvious that he's been crying.

"What do you- Charles? What happened?" I trembled. I was so angry. Who did this to him? He muttered some words but I couldn't understand what he was saying.

I took him inside, locking up the doors after us. "Charles, talk to me." I said as calm as I could. He looked like he was about to pass out. I ran to the kitchen and brought him a cup of water. "Charles a-" it's all that I could manage to say as he fell to the ground.

Narrator's pov:

Max threw the cup filled with water and rushed to his friend. "Charles, Charles wake up." He shaked him, but nothing happened. "Fuck.." he cursed under his breath.

The dutchman picked his friend up and put him on the sofa, with his head resting on the edge of the couch. He checked his pulse, and took a deep breath. "It's okay, Charlie. You'll be alright." The dutchman cleaned up the mess he made, surprisingly the glass remained intact.

He brought a pillow, on which to place his friend's head so he won't be uncomfortable , and a blanket. After that, he brought some things to clean the monegasque of the dried blood from his face and to clean the wounds. "Who did this to you?" Max asked softly. He was determined to find whoever did this to Charles. He wanted to take revenge, but first he must know what happened.

He refused to sleep all night. He sat next to his friend, waiting for him to wake up and make sure he was okay. Later that night, he found himself admiring the monegasque. He couldn't help but notice how a strand of hair fell perfectly on his face, or how peacefully he was sleeping even after what happened today.

_____

It seems that in the end he fell asleep, with his head on the man lying on the couch. He realized that he fell asleep, when he felt Charles move. His eyes suddenly opened, waiting for the monegasque's reaction. Max needed to know if he was okay. He needed to know when, why and what happened last night, until he arrived at his door.

The Monegasque's eyes widened, with a confused look. At first, he didn't see Max standing next to him. He looked around the room, and tried to remember what happened last night and how he got there. "Good morning sunshine." Max told him, as he smiled softly. Charles groaned in pain. "My face hurts. So does my head. It hurts everywhere." he said, lying on his back again. "I know, Charlie, I know. I'll make you some tea." the dutchman tried to comfort him. Charles watched Max as he walked towards the kitchen. He tried to get up, but de couldn't. Every inch of his body hurt.

When Max returned with the tea, he saw his friend standing on the edge of the couch. "How are you feeling?" asked Max. "Like shit. My head hurts so bad." "Do you want me to bring you some pills?" said the dutchman, trying to help him. "No, no thank you." he sighed. "Oh, here. Peppermint tea. It always helps me when I'm sick." Max handed him the tea, smiling. Charles smiled back to him, taking a sip of tea.

"What happened last night?" the dutchman asked his friend. "I was at dinner with my brothers, and this guy appeared out of nowhere and started teasing me. When I told him to stop, he hit me." Max felt like he didn't tell the whole truth. "Are you sure that's all?" he asked the monegasque. Charles was hesitant but continued the story. "No. He said that we are not as tough as we appear on TV. He called you in many ways, but the worst thing about this whole thing, Max, is that he was... he was at the club that night. He saw us kissing. Normally I wouldn't mind media finding out, but I do care about what might happen to you. Because the truth is, Max, I care about you more than you think. No matter how much we argue, you will always have a special place in my heart. Maybe I fucked up things with you, but I still care. I'm sorry." Charles spoke.

Max felt relieved after hearing the monegasque's words. A smile appeared on his face and he chuckled softly. "You're so fucking stupid, Leclerc." he laughed. Charles giggled. "Maybe I am." The dutchman smiled, looking at the man on the couch.

"You know.. I wasn't.. you know.. drunk that night. I knew what was happening, and I knew that I've kissed you. I feel like a total idiot. You were drunk and I took advantage of you. I'm sorry, Max."
Charles stated. "Wanna know something stupid?" Max looked down. "I fucking loved that kiss." he added smiling.

__________________________________

short chapter, I know I'm sorry.
I don't think I will be able to upload the next part this week, because I have two important exams monday and tuesday and I SUCK in school.

Even if it's a short one, I hope you liked it I swear I tried my best. Have a great day/night !! 🫶🏼🫶🏼