Epilogue

Max's pov:

It's been almost 4 month ever since me and Charles sarted going out. We aren't official, yet. We did have arguments, one of them being about Kelly and some texts she sent me one night. Even though , we got over it and I'm glad we did.

Max
I'll pick you up at 7PM
See you later, pretty boy ! ❤️

Charles<3
Alright
I can't wait to see you ❤️

I'm head over heels for this man. I want to make things official tonight. This is our first date. I mean, not a proper date, but it's all we can do at the moment. We are going to the beach. He loves the beach. I remember every little detail he told me about him. They are imprinted on my mind, and I really don't mind.

I looked at the clock, it was 6:15. I went to the bathroom, took a shower, brushed my teeth and then dressed casually, but not too basic.

Last time when I checked it was 6:43, so I put on my shoes and left. As I drove to his house, thousands of thoughts were filling up my head. 'What if he isn't ready?' 'What if I fuck this up?'.

When I arrived, I got out of the car, leaving the keys in the ignition. I knocked on the door, taking a step back and arranging my blouse. When he opened the door he had the biggest smile on his face. I couldn't help but smile as he hugged me.

"I missed you, Maxie!" He said happily. I closed my eyes as he hugged me tighter. Something was wrong. "Are you okay, Charles?" I questioned, without pulling away from his hug. He nodded softly. "Just nervous." he added. When we pulled away, he locked up his front door and we went back to the car.

I sat on the driver sear, and he sat on the passenger seat, of course. I started driving. I knew that he was nervous. His leg was bouncing up and down. I put my hand on his thight, trying to calm him down. As I gave him a quick look, followed by a smile, I could see his eyes light up. He really is the prettiest boy I have ever seen.

When we arrived at the beach and parked the car, we approached the sea. It was so calm and beautiful. Being here with him makes me feel so good. I held his hand as we walked along the shore.

"-but it is the best love poems book!" he protested. We've been talking about books ever since we arrived. I wasn't angry about it, though. I like it when he talks about his passions, it makes me get to know him better. "It might be, but it's not." I replies to him with a smirk. " 'Love looks good on you' is the BEST love poems book, come on! You cannot disagree." He stated. You could feel a little crack in his voice as he said that.

I looked into his eyes and noticed that he was about to cry. "Why are you sad, Charles, everyone has their opinions?" I questioned him chuckling. "I get really emotional at night, okay?" he laughed as he said that.

"It's getting cold, we should get going." He said as he turned to face me. 'This is it, Max, you have to do it now.' I thought.
I grabbed his hand and looked into his beautiful eyes. Even if it was night, I could still see them. Those beautiful green eyes.

"Charles.." I started. He didn't say a word, he just kept listening to what I have to say. "You make me the happiest man alive. The way I feel when I'm around you is something I've never felt with anyone. If there is someone that I would like to keep in my life forever that would be you. You have no idea how much you've changed me. As a person, as a driver, as someone's son. You've changed me in every way possible, and I am so thankful for that. I'm sure that everything I said, was already said, because the truth is I'm head over heels for you. I don't want to repeat myself, so I should go straight to the point. Charles.." I stopped for a second to catch my breath. "Will you be my boyfriend? As in 'oficial' boyfriend?" I finally took the courage to ask.

Charles('s) pov:

"Will you be my boyfriend? As in 'oficial boyfriend?" He finally asked it. This is the moment I've waited ever since forever. Well, not really but you get it! I smiled and answered. "Yes, yes of course!" He hugged me tight as I smiled brightly.

I looked into his eyes. 'Just say it, Charles, it's nothing weird. Just say it.' I thought. "Max, you don't have to say anything right now, and it's okay if you don't want to say it back if you're not ready, but I love you." there, I've said it.

He smiled as he pulled me closer to him. "I love you too, Charles." he stated. He scanned my face, and then placed a kiss on my lips. It was not a quick one. I felt like I could pass out. As we pulled away, I could feel my cheeks burn.

"I love you, Charles Leclerc. I love you, I love you, I love you!" He screamed as he started running forward. I ran after him. "Max, we have to go back to the car, where are you going?" I could hear him laugh as we ran.

When we stopped, he turned to face me. "We look like idiots." He laughed. "Well, you do like an idiot." I laughed back as he smiled. He kissed me again. "I can get used to this." I said as he pulled away. "Yeah, me too." He smiled slightly. I gave him another kiss, a quick one this time. "Come on, let's go back." I said as we held hands. This was the moment when I've realised, Max is really all I need to be happy and I'm so thankful to have him in my life, even if we have to keep our relationship a secret for a while.

The End.

_____________________________

Wow. Why is finishing a book so hard?💀

I hope you guys enjoyed it! Since it's my first book, I don't really know how good or how bad it is but oh well.

Thank you guys for 1.5K reads, this is INSANE. Also thank you for 77 votes, I appreciate it so much.

New book coming up, and again, I still don't know if I should make a sequel on this one nor do I know what my next book should be about.

Until then, I hope you guys enjoyed this, because I know I did.

Have a great day/night !! 🫶🏼💗

___________________

I just thought I'd let you know that the first chapter of my second book "One More Love Poem" is out !!

____________________

I read this chapter again and I just want to make sure everyone knows that Max and Charles were friends for years and that's why Charles said 'i love you' that fast. They did not have a proper talking stage. I hope this makes sense..