seventeen. chats

[ chapter seventeen ]

MORNING ARRIVED, with the sky just turning light sapphire colour to symbolize the start of day within the livelihoods of the Metkayina clan

MORNING ARRIVED, with the sky just turning light sapphire colour to symbolize the start of day within the livelihoods of the Metkayina clan. The smell of freshly steamed fish and cut up fruit for breakfast had lingered in the depths of air as noses would sniff their early meal in remembrance.

Her fingers worked diligently and very well naturally in weaving small cut long, thin pieces of leaves- an early preparation of dinner for the week. The whole week within the return of the Tulkun would hold very lively dinners together- much more colourful than the normal ones from everyone would have.

It was a tradition. Her mother had spoken, and that tradition will always be hers to keep.

So there she was, weaving the thin leaves of coconut trees and filling them with mixed fish batter to steam later. Fingers expertly getting to work, her eyes set outside to sea as they lingered furthermore. Arwani, always in her own little world since her first breath. A mind with constant pestering thoughts even when her soul is at ease.

Her fingers work, effortlessly folding each strip swiftly and making the weave neat- her cousin's weren't so much. " I can't believe I'm stuck here and weaving stupid leaves. "

The older female did nothing but smile to herself, partially finding his suffering amusing and apart from that her mind couldn't help but remember the night before. Catching her quiet snicker that wasn't even directed to him in the first place, Aonung was quick to react.

" What are you snickering at? " Seeming quite frustrated with his cousin's sudden joyful mood but he didn't fail to notice of her unwavering smile. It was small and subtle but still a smile and he's surprised that the smile lasted so long and held its ground to not move at all.

" Your struggle is my entertainment today. " The older says, very politely indeed as she did. That irked Aonung.

Is she hiding something?

" What the fuck is up with you? " Oh hell, was he getting confused. And when he gets confused he gets a bit riled up- which makes it more funnier to the older cousin.

" Aonung, " Her aunt had suddenly stepped inside the hut, sternly voicing her disapprovement of his language. The boy just mumbled a quick apology and tilted her head down as Ronal walked back out of her home and flashed Arwani a quick smile.

Holding a tight smile, a refrain from further laughter. The girl gave a side glance to her cousin whose expression made her laugh alone.

Her hands automatically stops, as she bows down to the floor. Her body clearly shaking from giggles, Aonung was rather les angry now but more so confused.

The rest of the family has their own duty, her mother probably somewhere where her aunt was going to anyways. Her uncle with chief business and Tsireya with her sister escaping the chores that they're doing just in time.