The Stars

Nejis pov

I sat outside in the garden. It was a beautiful place but it was dark so I couldn't see a thing. I was supposed to be in bed but after all that happened today I couldn't sleep. So I'm sitting out here trying not to think.

"Couldn't sleep?" I jumped at the sound of my fiancée's voice.

"I'm sorry" I quickly jumped into apology mode "I know I should be in my room but I-"

"Relax I'm here for the exact same reason. The garden is so peaceful at night" he took a seat next to me. We sat in silence for the next five minutes. It was kinda awkward. Eventually he spoke.

"Did ino and choji show you where everything was?"

"Yes" I nodded as a mischievous smirk played on my lips "they also told me that you're a selfish jerk and my life will be oh so miserable with you"

"They said that!?" He did a double take.

"No but the fact that you believed me shows you don't have much faith in them" I smirked.

"There's my little spitfire. I was starting to worry that you were gone for good" He chuckled softly.

I smiled softly. It was kinda nice to be able to just speak my mind. I had almost forgotten what that feels like.

"So any particular reason why you couldn't sleep?" He tilted his head in interest.

I sighed "I had so much going on in my head. It made it impossible to sleep"

He nodded "lie down"

My chest tightened. I got brief flashes of all those times kamashido forced himself on me. How he'd order me with those exact words.

"Hey" I was brought back to reality by his voice "it's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. I just need you to trust me"

I nodded before taking a deep breath and laying down. Above me were millions of sparkling stars. I couldn't help but be in awe at the beautiful sight.

"They're no clouds but they're still a great way to de-stress" he lay beside him.

"They're beautiful" I gasped.

"They sure are" he stared deeply into my eyes. I averted my eyes as a soft blush dusted my cheeks.

"I think I'm ready for bed now" I sat up.

"Good, I'll walk you" he stood up and placed a hand on my back. I let him lead me back to the room as my face reddened.