getting ready

Nejis pov

"Are you sure this is really necessary?" I asked as my maid/friend dug through my wardrobe for the perfect outfit.

"Of course it's necessary" she said firmly "look I don't get these rich snobs any more than you do kid but they insist on dressing your best, even if it's just for dinner"

"I guess I understand" I sighed. I hate being made a fuss of.

"Oh this is impossible! I don't even know what I'm looking for!" She threw her arms up in defeat "that's it. I'm calling in professional help!" She ran out the door before I could say anything. Who she came back with shocked me.

"Hinata!?"

"Neji!" She ran up and hugged me "oh it's so good to see you. Thank goodness you got away from that monster"

"I don't feel like I'm in any better a position" I rubbed my arm nervously.

"Hey don't think like that. These are good people here I promise" she said reassuringly.

"Sooo how do you two know each other?" Tenten interjected.

"We're cousins" I explained.

"No way! I did kinda think you looked alike" tenten grinned excitedly "this is awesome. Hinata's our best seamstress so you'll be seeing alot more of her"

"I'm just good at sewing. It's not that big a deal" she muttered bashfully.

"Well it would be a big help to me right now" I smiled encouragingly.

"Of course" her eyes shone determinedly "Put your arms up and we'll get started"

And so hinata started taking my measurements while tenten watched with a bored expression.

"Jeez I don't get these rich people. It must be exhausting constantly changing clothes"

"Well if you ever marry princess temari you'll have to do the same" hinata reminded her.

"Gosh I didn't even think of that!" She gasped "still it'd be worth it to be with her" she smiled dreamily. I smiled softly. She must really love her.

"All done" hinata stepped back with a grin "I've got the perfect outfit for you"