Meeting Lee

Nejis pov

Tenten pointed to a tall dark haired boy with excitement in her eyes "oh I haven't seen him in months. Do you mind?"

"Of course not" I smiled kindly "let's go greet your friend together"

We walked up to him and tenten patted him on the shoulder "hey there stranger"

"Tenten" the boy smiled brightly "it has been so long. How are you?"

"Oh you know so and so" she shrugged "so what are you doing here. Are you on a date with you know who" she wiggled his eyebrows.

"Not so loud!" he shushed her with crazy hand gestures "the sand folk could be hanging around. If they find out about our relationship I'm dead!"

Yeah temari wouldn't be happy to know that her baby brother is dating the village idiot" tenten muttered.

"Ok ouch though I am grateful to you for keeping my secret" he scratched his head awkwardly "now to answer your question no, I'm not seeing him. I've had a long day of training and have come here to rest" his eyes landed on me "oh who is this"

"This is neji" she introduced me "he's prince shikamarus fiancée"

"Ah my apologies. I had no idea I was in the presence of royalty" he bowed deeply.

"There's no need to bow" I said, a little shook up by his sudden intensity "I would prefer if you just treated me like everyone else"

"How honourable" his eyes shone "I would like it if the three of us would share a meal together"

"That sounds like fun but it's your day neji. What would you like to do" their eyes were on me.

"I don't see the problem" I smiled politely. Lee seems like a solid guy despite being a little too intense.

"Excellent!" Lee jumped to his feet and dragged us to our seats "let us enjoy a wonderful meal everyone!"