A Royal Family

Shikamarus pov

I woke up to the sleeping face of my beautiful husband. I smiled to myself. The night we shared a bed was the second best night of my life. The first being-

"Daddy!" The night my daughter sasiko was born.

My little girl jumped onto my lap with a cute smile and tired eyes. She was the spitting image of her mother with long brown hair and big silver eyes. I fell in love the moment she was born.

"Good morning daddy" she nuzzled into the crook of my life.

"Morning princess" I smiled "aren't you up a little early? You look tired baby"

"Well the sun woke me up so I thought I'd come see you" she smiled sweetly "oh is mommy still asleep?"

"Yeah so let's stay very quiet" I placed a finger to my lips "tell you what princess. It's very early and you're oh so tired-"

"Am not" she folded her arms stubbornly.

"Yes you are baby girl, I can see that just by looking at you" I kissed her tired little eyes "so how about you take a little nap with mommy and daddy"

"I thought I was too big to sleep with you both" she tilted her head cutely.

"Well it'll be ok just this once" I winked at her.

"Ok" she giggled excitedly as she snuggled under the covers.

I gently stroked her hair before reaching out and stroking my sleeping husband's face. Being able to sleep in with the two most important people in my life. It makes me realise what a lucky guy I am.

The end.