A Talk With temari

Shikamarus pov

I sat down under my favourite tree with a book in hand. It's time for me to finally get some time to myself-

"Hey kid!" I looked up to see the princess of the sand village temari "long time no see"

"Hi temari" I waved "I didn't realise you were here"

"That's because your heads, never out of the book" she pulled the book out of my hand "you're such an easygoing guy. Thank god we never ended up getting married"

That's right. Me and temari were engaged in an arranged marriage. I refused to get married cause I was sixteen and didn't want the commitment. I thought of getting back with her after my parents died but she's now in a relationship with my maid tenten.

"So I heard your engaged again. Where is the lovely fiancée" she looked around.

"He's somewhere" I shrugged.

"You don't even know where your fiancée is" she raised an eyebrow.

"I don't see why that's important. He's my fiancée not my dog" I rolled my eyes.

"Really? Do you even know anything about your fiancée" she pressed on.

"Of course I do" lies. I barely knew anything about him but I didn't feel like I needed to. This is a marriage of necessity after all.

"Oh is that so?" She eyed me suspiciously "What's his name?"

"Uhh" crap I don't know that. I never bothered asking!

"You don't even know his name" her eyes widened in disbelief before giving me a stern look "right shikamaru your going to get off your butt and find your fiancée!"

"Temari that's not necessary-"

"Shikamaru you're going to make that boy's life a living hell if you don't make an effort" her stern words stuck a cord in me. She's right. I should make more of an effort.

"Alright I'll go find him"