𝑇𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

𝑇𝑜 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑛𝑑 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑏𝑟𝑜𝑢𝑔ℎ𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑑𝑜𝑜𝑟𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑝𝑠

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

» [I like me better by Lauv] «
0:46 ─〇───── 3:17
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

After the strange two days you'd spend chasing Jake, you didn't see nor talk to the man for months. You didn't forget him by any means, of course, because just by the split sighting of the tattoo was memory inducing enough. Your mind kept you company with Jake's presence, flaunting in the far back of your frontal lobe everytime you would look at it. It made working difficult, it made eating and sleeping difficult, because your conscious thoughts would always be caught up in the labyrinth that is Jake.

Funny enough, you didn't really question why you were thinking of him so much. For someone that liked to overthink every single decision in her life, you managed to come up with the excuse that it was because Jake was probably the most handsomest man you've seen to date, and what made it more unforgettable, was that you managed to make a total fool out of yourself in front of a human goddess. So naturally your brain would have it pinned on priority as a humbling experience.

Strangely, you'd find yourself opening the picture he'd sent you daily, visiting the same chat you'd had with him as if it was a routine agenda. You've made it an effort to send it to all of your friends and family, hoping that it might've sparked a memory somewhere, but yet again, nobody really knew what to say.

At some point, you truly did feel like the only person who actually understood your sanity, was the same person who must've thought you had none.

You were in a different part of town after going to a work meeting, and somehow, your feet led you to the same doorstep from a few months ago again. It was the longer way of getting to the subway, a longer way of going home, but your body took you there nonetheless. You only really noticed it when your visions focused on the shop's sign above your head, as if it was all a daydream, you had genuinely thought that you were merely dreaming as you took the familiar path.

You didn't hesitate on entering, because safe to say, you did it on a whim again, a total impulsive decision that you later learned to regret. Afterall, you hadn't been here in months, so what other obvious reason would you be here again? To buy some flowers? Maybe you did adore the arrangements he made, maybe you did adore the hyacinths, so maybe you'll just use that as an excuse to get another one.

If you see Jake, great. If you don't, you'd just get the flowers, and get out of there.

As if fate was playing with you like a stupid fiddle, it stuck you in an embarrassing situation yet again. Jake's head instantly looked up wonderingly the moment you walked inside, he was in the middle of putting together some small arrangements, but it was clear enough that he was indeed the only other person within the shop. His voice greeted the customer before he could even realize that it was you.