𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑒𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑓 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑐ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟𝑠

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

» [Location Unknown Ft. BEKA by HONNE] «
1:27 ─〇───── 1:36
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Jake wants to speak, but words don't come out. Instead, you heard him sniff, and soon the same panting that follows after someone who'd tried to hold back a cry.

"Yes, darling, I remember everything," you told him, which made Jake let out a sob of relief.

In return, you wrap your arms around him and squeeze him, lips finding the top of his head as you mention details of your life, the name of the town you lived in, the names of your children. With every name you say, Jake sobs even more, tears dripping down your neck into your hair and the pillow, but none of that matters when you're here with him.

Jake doesn't stop crying, not even when you hold him even closer, not even when he tries to tell you he's been looking for you for what seems like forever, when he tells you he's missed you and loved you all along, not even when you tell him it's alright now. "I-I've-I—" he tries to speak through sobs, but can't form a sentence. "Miss you... Forever—all lives—just you—and the children, I miss—ah—alone."

It doesn't make sense, but you know exactly what he means by it. So, you stroke Jake's hair and let him cry, knowing he's been through worse pain than you have. Remembering it all must have been hell compared to not remembering a thing, yet he was still here, trying, holding onto hope that you'll remember, and now he finally has it. Your heart beats so loud you think it will burst out of your rib cage, love overwhelming you. You don't need anything other than Jake.

"Jake," you call out again, hand holding the back of his head as you press kisses to the top of his head, finally realizing why he's felt like home all along. "We found each other again. It's all good, love. We're not losing each other again."

Jake sits at the table opposite you. There are people around, some kind of commotion, but he doesn't even notice. As always, he only has eyes for you, his lover, his age-old wound that's just starting to heal, his end and his beginning. You're not smiling tonight, though.

Jake's meal is starting to go cold as he inspects your face, not a trace of happiness on it. His biggest fear is coming true right in front of him—he has you in his life again, but you are not happy. Is that what fated lovers means? Getting to find each other just to grow apart? Getting to come together just to lose each other in the end?