𝐶𝑜𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑎𝑑𝑖𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑜𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝐼𝑛𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑖𝑡𝑦

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

» [Sundays by Emotional Oranges] «
0:49 ─〇───── 3:09
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

Her breath huffed as both her hands slammed down abruptly onto the coffee table "Let me get this straight," your best friend, Chaehyun, said slowly.

You should've expected this reaction from her, but receiving it in person just made you feel 10 times worse. "This gorgeous man said he'd created this painting of you–for you. He'd asked you out on a date–taken you out on the best date that you'd been on in years, probably ever." Her arms raised and both her palms faced the ceiling, basically incredulous to the story that you've just informed her.

Nonetheless continued with much disbelief. "He was nothing but respectful, gave you tooth-rottening compliments until your teeth nearly fell off, kissed you, held your hand as he walked you home—even though he didn't even have to. AND!! Even though he could have, he didn't even try to invite himself in, indirectly told you that he thought he was in love with you, and you told him you didn't want to see him again. Girl, what the fuck happened?" Her rambling became incoherent at some point, but your depressed self was able to gather as much comprehension that she was calling you an idiot for pushing away the best you've ever had.

Chaehyun made it all sound so ridiculous when she summarized it like that, but truthfully, there was a lot more to it than the cover told. While it was technically true, she didn't quite understand your reason for doing so.

"God, stop." You winced, lowering your head into your arms. For crying out loud, why was she as distressed as you were. "I know it sounds insane, I know. But I...It's too much, Chae—He's too good to be true." You said while shaking your head in frustration, perhaps confusion too. Will anyone even understand?

In that moment, Chaehyun gave you a sympathetic nod. "I know men sucks in general, but there are some good, good people out there. You just have to believe and actually give it a chance."

"I do believe, which is why I'm still dating and giving men a chance, but I think there's something wrong here. Something just feels so—off." You lowered your voice, further burying your face into your palms. "I have this weird attraction to him that prevents me from thinking and seeing things clearly." How would one even explain it anyway, it felt like you were all under a spell–his spell.