𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑟𝑖𝑠𝑘 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡 ℎ𝑒 𝑤𝑎𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑤𝑖𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑘𝑒

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

⋅•⋅⊰∙∘☽༓☾∘∙⊱⋅•⋅

​​» [you broke me first by Tate Mcrae] «
0:27 ─〇───── 2:49
⇄ ◃◃ ⅠⅠ ▹▹ ↻

The second you left the flower shop, Jake gasped and placed a hand over his heart, feeling the sadness hit him all at once, causing his eyes to water instantly. Your scent was still as enticing as ever, even if you were wearing perfume he'd never felt on your body before. Still, you smelled like you, the lover he'd known in his old life, like home, comfort and love.

Did he do too much? He shouldn't have invited you to his apartment—no normal person does that when they meet someone interested in their work, especially not at their place of work, but Jake couldn't help it. You looked so sad, and lost in your quest to find the answers that he just had to help you, even if it meant more pain for himself.

When he walked out from the back room and stepped into the flower shop, Jake expected you to remember, like the old lady said you would. Wasn't that it? Weren't you there to seek him out, to find him? She said Jake wasn't supposed to tell you anything about your past life. Instead, he should let you look for him, and you'd remember everything.

So, his heart leapt up when he spotted you standing in the flower shop, waiting for him. Instantly, Jake noticed you holding the bouquet of hyacinths, your favorite flowers. Were they still your favorite? Did you still like flowers, did you like gifting them? His heart grew a size when he saw you holding the bouquet he'd arranged with you in mind, as with most of his work.

Back then, your little house by the lake was surrounded by flowers. They were your passion, just like painting and drawing were his. You grew fruits and vegetables, but what you liked the most were flowers. Your house was always filled with the prettiest ones, some of the smaller ones would end up tucked behind your ear sometimes or tangled in your hair, and some would get gifted to the people you loved. All the bouquets in the flower shop were similar to the ones you used to make, which is why Jake was now making them. He was replicating his and your past life, wanting to live through these two crafts since he couldn't have his life back.