◐1◐

Wednesday, September 14th 12:34pm

He layed on his floor, sorting through a collection of old sketchbooks deciding whether to take them when he moves out or not. Most of the books were falling to pieces, most likely from being locked up in the attic for most of their lives. Some of the pages basically disintegrated when you touched them, not like they were important anyway.

these old drawings and paintings were hidden away for a reason, they were terrible. Or that's what was engraved in Hyunjins mind. He'll just throw all the books away once he's done looking through them.

but why is that scary?

He doesn't want to throw them away, they're meaningless but ditching them felt like it'd hurt. the old drawings made him cringe when he saw them, the terrible shading or the patchy linework, but for some reason he couldn't bring himself to let them go. Maybe he could give them to his friends? No, they'd laugh at them.

All he could do was sigh to himself, before getting up and piling all of the books into an old plastic box that was lodged in a corner of his room, buried underneath endless piles of clothes and junk. He closed the lid, clicking the edges just to make sure it was properly sealed so nothing would be able to get in or out.

And the next thing you know that box is getting shoved back into the attic exactly in the same spot the old one had left. The clear patch of dark rotting wooden boards surrounded by a ring of dust made it easy to spot where the old storage container had sat, gathering years upon years of dirt and grime. He was supposed to be cleaning out this place, not cluttering it more.

But there he goes again, refusing to let go of something oh so useless.

And so the box sat, and sat, a layer of dust growing on top of it by the daily.

probably never to be seen again.