Chapter 94

After taking me to the prisoner-of-war concentration camp, Xuecun did not leave immediately, but took me to a cell alone. This was almost what I expected, because he seemed to have something to ask me. Shinichi's relationship is inconvenient to ask. After prevaricating the soldiers who followed him with the excuse of interrogating me alone, he closed the cell door and lit an oil lamp with a match.

    The lighted square inch candle illuminated Xue Cun's delicate face and illuminated his pupils thoroughly. He looked out of the window warily and then at me, as if he was thinking about how to speak.

    I didn't rush to ask him, because I knew that this would push Xuecun back to Shinichi's camp. I could only wait, wait until he lost his temper, and bet, bet, how much he cares about Asura. I gathered my coat, buttoned it up slowly, and sat down on an iron chair next to me. Xue Cun seemed a little nervous, as if it wasn't me who was going to be interrogated, but him. The upside-down stance strikes me as kind of hilarious. When I looked at Xuecun through the firelight, I couldn't help but feel that the person with such eyes doesn't belong here at all. He is a simple Japanese boy who dare not disobey his father's orders and is somewhat indecisive. He shouldn't be dragged into such a In a dirty and cruel battlefield and conspiracy. But fortunately, he is not a stubborn person.

    "Mr. Xuecun...?" I tentatively broke the awkward silence.

    He said "Hi" as if waking up from a dream, and sat down beside me with the oil lamp, "What should I call you?" "

    Desaro Wallace."

    "Okay, Desaro Sir." Xuecun glanced at me, then turned his gaze to the oil lamp, and said slowly, "I know, you are the mermaid with silver tail. How did you know my name? How did you become a human? I always feel like I've seen you somewhere."

    "We did. Before you... died." I took a deep breath, knowing that I had to use the easiest Japanese explanation to get to the point. I asked in a sincere tone, "Mr. Yukimura, do you Japanese believe in fatalism and reincarnation, right?"

    Maybe my words may sound unacceptable for a while, but I just have a kind of intuition, I think Xuecun can try to understand, otherwise he would not have brought me here.

    "Dead?" Xuecun repeated the word. Sure enough, I saw that he didn't show any disbelief. He turned his head sideways and lowered his eyelids thoughtfully, "Yes, we believe. I always have a dream, dreaming that I become a mermaid, swimming alone in the sea... Besides, I There was another mermaid beside me, but I couldn't see him clearly. But on the night when my father sent me alone... to trap those mermaids, I saw a mermaid with a purple tail, I know, in my dream The shadow that follows me is him." His low voice sounded like a dream, his eyes shone slightly with the flickering fire, his face was flushed, and his eyelashes were like butterfly wings due to some ups and downs of emotions trembling like.

    I could see that Yukimura was both confused and moved by this almost predestined encounter, not to mention the inherent seductiveness of creatures like mermaids. But when I think of their tragic ending in the original time and space, my heart can't help but sink.

    "But at the same time, I had an ominous feeling. I had a nightmare that night. In the dream, there was a raging fire, a lot of dead people, and blood everywhere... It was like a scene of purgatory. I couldn't remember exactly what happened in the dream , but the impact it gave me was too real, and I was very scared." After Xuecun said this, he cast his eyes on my face, raised his eyelids firmly, and asked softly: "When I saw you again just now At that time, I thought you could answer my dream. Isn't that right, Mr. Desaro?"     I was silent for a few seconds, and after sorting out my thoughts, I whispered: "I don't know if you will completely believe what I said .The dreams you have are all about your future in another time and space. Of course, you can understand it as your fate in the previous life. If you don’t try to make some changes, the terrible scene in your dream will repeat itself again. You will fall into your nightmare, Ashura and you will be very miserable. I saw your end with my own eyes."