Chapter 102

"Hey, I'm warning you, let me get out of here!"

    I struggled in his arms, grabbed and bit his arm, but his body was as strong as an iron hoop, and I felt his hard chest pressing down on mine. Back, that excited big thing hit my tailbone with the swing of the fish's tail, making my scalp numb. The surrounding stone forests are getting bigger and denser, forming a curved and connected structure like an old tree above the head. Glowing unidentified objects like veins climb all over the stone walls, and jellyfish, fish and shrimps of all sizes float in the air like birds. Moving, their bodies seem to be mirrored, as if reflecting the starry sky and clouds, forming pieces of moving galaxies. As the mermaid leader led me deeper into it, it gave me the illusion of entering another universe. Looking at this strange world that I have never seen before, I forgot to struggle for a moment, and unconsciously recalled the situation just now.

    The words I heard seemed to contain the same meaning—the mermaid leader knew me in the past fifty years, and there was a certain relationship between us—descendant and spouse? No, no, no, what a messy relationship! And that silver-tailed mermaid who looks like my grandfather, what do those strange words he said mean? He said that I will be reborn fifty years later. Could it be that the current me is reborn after the death of the past me? What a strange and terrifying thing this is, it is simply something that only happens in myths!

    I was flustered and thinking desperately in my mind, wishing to dismantle every sentence into parts and particles one by one, and use a magnifying glass to find out the cause and effect of their connection, because they are more difficult for me to accept than advanced physics at the moment. understand.

    Just when I couldn't figure it out, we had passed through the stone forest and entered a bigger cave. There was a huge waterfall in front of us. The splashing water formed a translucent mist in mid-air. I swear that if the mermaid leader was not still hugging me tightly, I would doubt that I had come to the legendary paradise. I looked up against the current and saw that the waterfall flowed down from a crack in the top of the cave above. I could even see large and small fish falling in with the current, which made me guess that we were in the sea. under.

    How incredible it is!

    I secretly marveled. The mermaid leader has led me to swim close to the bottom of the waterfall. Seeing that the pouring water is about to rush to me, I cover my head subconsciously, but I feel him jumping out of the water and rushing into the air. I can't imagine him leaping to such an incredible height, it's almost as if he's going to fly to the gap in the ceiling, but then he falls back down. I couldn't help screaming, but it was only a moment to pass through the waterfall. Before I even realized it, I felt myself falling into the water again.

    After I shook off the water droplets blocking my vision from my face, I was immediately taken aback by the sight in front of me.

    ——In the mist behind the waterfall, a blue circle of light like a glass hemisphere floats on the water surface, and a figure looms in it.

    "Go, go and see yourself."

    The mermaid leader whispered in my ear. Surrounded by him, I slowly approached the edge of the aperture. Myself? I held my breath in disbelief. As if attracted by an invisible magic force, I instinctively reached out, put my head close to the thin translucent layer, and looked inside. In an instant, I felt as if my brain had been hit by a heavy hammer, and my eyes widened in a daze, unable to believe what I saw.

    In the light curtain, there was actually a person who looked very similar to him, more precisely, a "half mermaid". He closed his eyes quietly, and he looked older than me, obviously an adult. I noticed that his "fish tail" is silver-gray like the mermaid that is very similar to my grandfather, but the outline of the legs can be clearly seen under the fish scales, as if he died before turning into a mermaid, so Takes a shape somewhere in between.