5

"How do you feel?" My mom woke me up.

Ever since the school shooting she has been waking me up like I was actually shot. "I'm good." I sat up and looked around my red and black painted room. "Ok, well get ready for school." She pressed my nose and left the room. I got up and took a shower, getting ready for school. After I did my hygiene I put on a hoodie and some jeans since it started to get colder.

"Bye mom, bye dad," I yelled as I left. I got in the car, Vince was driving today. Aaliyah isn't coming to school so we went straight to school.

Vince stopped and let me out before pulling off. I took a deep breath before walking to class I studied the room because I haven't really looked at it, It has some funny posters hanging and some characters on the walls. I walked over to Justin and sat down next to him. "Hey."

"Hey, Justin." I smiled and he chuckled. "I love your lisp it's so cute." He then tried to copy me, "Justhin." Apparently, it was so funny he cracked up laughing.

I immediately pouted my lip and he stopped laughing. "You finna cry?" He asked. "Nah I'm just fuckin' with you." I laughed.

The class filled up and the teacher started teaching. Once I got home I sat on my bed and played my Xbox, usually, people are home by now. I heard a knock on the door and ran downstairs. I opened the door and it was my uncle, his wife, and my cousin.

"Hi, Unc ray." I moved over to let him in. "Hey neph, how you doing?" "I'm good, the school shooting did scare me though." I let Aunt Ivy and my cousin  Bryshere. "Hey Bry" I dapped him up. "Hey." Bryshere and I used to live on the same block, when I was with my birth parents, he got adopted because his parents died and he had nowhere to go. We were like best friends and now were cousins.

"Why do you all look sad?" "No reason, can you show us to where we will be staying?" "Ok... follow me!" I lead them to the 2 guest rooms. "Here you go." I pointed to the rooms and they went to their rooms. "Isaac!" Dre ran to me. "We got to go." He grabbed my wrist and dragged me to the car. "Where are we going?"  "Your mom wants you to get fitted for an outfit." He explained as we walked to my dad's Lamborghini. 

When we got there my mom and my dad were already there. "Let's go." My dad said to Dre as they walked out the door of the shop and left in the Lamborghini. "Ok, get on here." I got on the little stand as the employees measured me, just like how it was in Enrique's store.  The main guy hummed as he read the measurements. "Where is the mom?" He turned around. "He can fit into any of these clothes, so get back to me with the clothes he likes."

I jumped off the thing and looked out the window. Damn, it's so dark and it's raining.

"Ok, thank you so much! Azi we're leaving." My mom walked towards the door and I caught up with her. We got in her Maybach sedan and she started driving. She swiped back and forth between the outfits. I watched as she was on her phone and driving. "Mom, it's too dark to be on your phone and drive." She just hummed, ignoring me.

"Mom!" I yelled and she jumped a little bit. "Little boy! I know what I'm doing." I closed my eyes as I was annoyed. "ok." I rolled my eyes. "Ok, I'm done" She put her phone down and put both hands on the wheel. "Bett-" I felt like I was jerked, my head hit the dash and an airbag deployed too late. I felt the car get pushed forward from the car behind us. 2 other cars sped past us real fast. I tried to turn to look at my mom but my neck hurt too much. I heard something dropping but I thought nothing of it.

I sat there for a while, trying to process what just happened, I heard sirens and I was able to move my neck, I turned but my mom wasn't in the car anymore. Where is she? The doors swung off and I was pulled out of the car, They dragged me far away from the car. I watched as they carried a black bag to the ambulance and everyone near the car ran far from it.

I sat there, staring at my mom Maybach as it exploded and flames took over what used to be a beautiful benz. An officer walked up to me and sat next to me. "Hi..." I want to say something but I'm too stunned. "I know you're scared, but we're working hard to save your mom, can you call someone to come get you?" I nodded as I pulled my phone out. I called my dad and looked at the phone but it went to voicemail. I felt a tear roll down my face and I quickly wiped it off. 

I saw a flash and heard a click, I looked over and it was paparazzi. I got up and walked over to him. "Stop taking pictures of me!" I yelled as the camera kept flashing. I pushed the camera onto the floor and it shattered. "Dawg that costs a lot!" He complained. "Next time fucking listen!"

I pulled my phone out and called Ivan, and he answered right away. "We're on our way, it's all over the news."

I went to the news app on my phone, literally the most interesting app I have access to. "Imani Edwards, Co-owner of one of the biggest record labels, Ed Entertainments, has been hospitalized after a car accident with her son, popstar Azi." The headline read. 

I heard a honk and went to the car, it was Ivan and my dad. "Where is the ambulance?" My dad asked. "Ivan drive home." dad got out and ran to the ambulance after finding it himself.

Ivan hopped in the Driver's seat and drove me home. As soon as we got home he got a call, he told me to stay in the car while he takes the phone call and talked to Aunt Ivy and her family.

He came back and his eyes were watery. "Who was it?" I asked. "It was the recording academy, they didn't like my music video ideas." He sniffled. "Recording academy?" I asked myself because since when did that exist?

I went to my room and laid on the bed, it was almost 12 at night, and I guess I'm not going to school.

"Come in!" I said after someone knocked on my door, Ivan walked in and sat on my bed. "So. mom is gone..." He paused as tears came out of his eyes.

"I'm sorry." I wanted to feel sad, but I can't cry. I loved her, but I don't feel sad right now.

Why do you think Isaac doesn't feel sad?