14

"Bye Dre" I jumped out of the car when we got to the school, it was my first day back from suspension.

I walked into the class, we go there a little late. I sat down and did my work. I was told I couldn't have another problem at school by social services, I'm pretty sure they don't have a consequence but who knows?

Justin isn't here so this gon be a boring day.

I put my earbuds in and listened to some music. I copied down the notes and then put my head down.

The music made the day 100x better. I walked into the lunch room and saw Eric eyeing me down. I sighed as I turned around and walked to the gym. I sat on the bleachers and listened to my music. I scrolled through my phone and I felt like someone was watching me. I looked up to see Eric and 2 other big-ass white dudes. I don't mean big as in fat, I mean like 6'2-6'5—big ass freshmen.

"You got a problem?" I asked in a smart-sounding voice. "Try to fight me again you gon see who got a problem." He smirked. "You sound real zesty." I chuckled. "Shut up fagalicious before I make them jump you." "Whatever." I rolled my eyes as I got up to leave. I stepped over a bleacher and I felt one of the goons trip me. I tumbled down 4 steps of bleachers until I got to the gym floor. I heard them chuckle as they left. "My fucking chin." I rubbed my chin to ease the pain.

I walked to my next class, I believe I have this class with Aaliyah but she been skipping so it don't even matter like that anymore.

Is it mean that I hope her and Derek break up so I can get my friend back?

It's a story as old as time, she gets a man and leaves me behind until he breaks up with her because she's clingy, and now she's back to me heartbroken.

At the end of the day, I walked out to see Ivan instead of Trent, Vince, or Dre. "That's weird," I mumbled to myself.

I walked to his car and got in. "I got a surprise." He smiled as he started driving. "That big ass white kid give you any problems today?" He asked. "No, he said that if I try to fight him again he was gonna give me a problem." I shrugged. "He all talk, and if he did I would beat his ass," Ivan said. I chuckled awkwardly because Ivan did do that before.

When I was first adopted by our mom when I was 10 I came home crying and she asked me why. As I was telling her what happened Ivan was behind me just listening. No, it wasn't a 21-year-old beating up a 10-year-old, the people picking on me were like 15 so I'd say fair fight. Right? Right?!?!

Anyways he beat their asses. "Look." He pointed to a big ass house. I looked out the window and awed in amazement. "This our house?" I asked. and he hummed and nodded his head.

"Oh shit!" I climbed out of the car and ran to the porch. "we not gon be here for a while though." I turned around like "fuck you mean." But my smile just got bigger. "New York? For what?" I asked while I looked at the plane tickets that said "JFK" Don't hate on me, I learned my airport abbreviations in 6th grade.

"Well, you got an interview there, to promote that album you made. We gotta start packing cmon" I ran to the car and got in.

"I also got Justin a ticket, and Marie of course." He smiled. Marie is his Girlfriend, we've been staying at his girlfriend's house for the past few weeks until he could get a place. She's a nice little hispanic woman, shes older than Ivan so mom or dad didn't like her, but I like her because she always bought me stuff when I was with her.

And she pretty. :)

I called Justin as soon as we got to her house. "Hey babe." I smiled. "What you gotta tell me?" He said in a light voice. "How you know I gotta tell you something?" I asked and raised my eyebrow. "I know because you make that cute little face."

"Ok, my brother bought tickets to New York. He got you one too!" I had to rush the last bit because I knew he would say. "You going somewhere without me" and frown.

He did that when I went to the carwash with Vince.

"When do we go?" He asked. "Next monday." He nodded and we continued talking for hours.