ᖴOᑌᖇTᗴᗴᑎ - ᑎᗩIᒪI

Laaw'itan and I have been training for hours now. My leg was killing me and he still didn't let me ride a Skimwing.

"Why not? Please!" I whined and splashed water into his face. He chuckled.

"Because your leg is still injured and they're warrior animals and not easy ones." He claimed. I mocked him and rolled my eyes.

"I'm sure it's like flying an Ikran! Come on, let me try! Please!" I cried out. Laaw'itan laughed and shook his head.

"No." I hissed slightly as a joke and got then pulled into the water. With a scream I held my breath, which I learned to hold longer than just a few minutes, and kicked Laaw'itan away beneath the water.

"Stop that." I said. He laughed more when we suddenly heard a horn blown. Laaw'itan looked worried at his clan that started to gather together. 

"What's wrong?" I asked carefully, he only gave me a look and started swimming back to the Marui, I quickly followed.

Confused about the situation, I pulled myself through the Metkayians. I saw Neteyam and Jake in the middle, Neteyam trying to convince the others to listen to Jake, holding something in his hand. Jake grabbed it and held it up.

"Tell your Tulkun.." he started but I didn't even listen as Laaw'itan pulled me back.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"The tulkun were attacked." He explained and headed back into the water, so I followed, still confused.

"Laaw'itan! Wait! Are you going to teach me-" I couldn't finish my sentence as a enormous animal jumped out of the water. I've seen it before, it was a Skimwing but it seemed way bigger now.

"That's exactly what I will do. I'm sure there will be war soon, we need more soldiers and you are one. Forget your leg, come on." He said while holding the Skimwing's mouth together.

I sighed, jumped on the animal. I connected my queue and felt stronger than a moment before.

"You have to stay in a strong and safe position, when the Skimwing dives into the water you have to be able to hold yourself." He explained quickly, I nodded.

The sky has darkened. I sighed, calmed myself down. Then I commanded it to start swimming, it was really harsh, though it worked. I could hold myself at first but then I was being ripped back by the water.

When I swam back up, I heard Lo'ak and Neteyam arguing. With a look back, I saw Lo'ak jumping into the water and a moment later the others has followed and Yana was on a Skimwing.

"I won't make it." I mumbled and swam back to Laaw'itan. He waited.

"Next try-"

"No, Laaw'itan, you were right I should've waited.. but rushing me now won't make it easier. What I need is a weapon." I claimed then. A small smile appeared on his lips and he nodded.

"You wanted to try." He shrugged but then we swam back. Jake approached us.

"Where are Lo'ak and Neteyam? And the others?" He asked me.

"They jumped into the water, went somewhere, I don't know." I shrugged, he hissed and headed away. I looked back but then went with Laaw'itan. 

He handed me a spear but I shook my head.

"Arrow and bow." I said. He sighed, nodded and left for a moment, then he came back with a few bows and arrows and with them something I could carry with me.

"Thank you." I said. He smiled.

"Sure. Choose one." Laaw'itan suggested, so I took one. It was light brown and felt quite comfortable in my hands.