𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑.

aizawa told the entirety of the class that all might would be with them shortly. the teacher then proceeded to wrap himself up in his sleeping bag and crawled under the desk.

a few of your classmates started mingling. you simply let your head collapse onto the desk, the longing for sleep overcoming you.

"f/n!!" damn it. you lifted your head up to see the grinning pink girl standing over you. "are you excited for combat training?" kazminari and kirishima walked over to join you two.

"to be honest i just want to sleep." you answered truthfully. the lack of sleep had gotten to you. last night, when you collapsed and right now. you let your head fall once more but it snapped up as soon as (sm)all might burst through the door.

"i am here!" he was in his small form, after all, he had retired. but he still insisted on watching over your classes training. "are you all excited to go straight to training on the first day of your second year?" a few students whooped and cheered, and normally, you would've joined in but you were too drained.

you classmates began heading to the changing rooms so you reluctantly followed. whilst changing into your hero costume, you felt the tiredness seep through your muscles making your arms feel heavy.

after a few minutes, you were all stood in a training room. a few practice dummies stood lined up against a wall.

"you guys are all fully aware of your quirks now. im letting you take this time to use your skills against your classmates or the training dummies."

with that, a few students paired up to fight each other whilst some others headed over to the training dummies. you turned around to look at mina, but she was already being dragged away with kaminari. you sighed.

"oi dumbass." the sudden voice made you spin around, causing you to be face to face with the one and only katsuki bakugou. "you're with me."

you rolled your eyes. "i'd rather go with mineta." on cue, the small boy came running up to you, clinging to your leg.

"you mean that l/n? i've been waiting for this moment ever since i first set eyes on your-"

eyes widening, you frantically began shaking him off. "ugh i didnt mean it you perv! get the hell off!" his grip was tight as he looked up at you. in the end, the ash blonde boy grabbed him back, flinging him across the room.

"come on. let's fight." accepting defeat, you stood facing him, your fists up in a fighting stance. bakugou was strong. he had good offensive and defensive. your abilities mainly lay in offence. your quirk allowed you to absorb light and turn it into energy, meaning you could enhance your speed and strength, or manipulate said energy to create outward bursts or objects of light.

bakugou suddenly came running at you, using his explosions to increase his speed as he sped towards you. you immediately dodged, increasing your own speed to quickly run behind him.

you attempted to land a punch but bakugou spun around quickly, blocking your attack. you jumped backwards, manipulating the energy from the light you absorbed to allow you to sprint forwards again, this time managing to land a blow.

the two of you kept fighting for a while. both of you landing and blocking hits on each other. the light from bakugou's explosions provided good fuel for your quirk, but the longer bakugou fought, the stronger his explosions were.