𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟐.

kirishima had dragged bakugou to his dorm room, shutting the door telling the ash blonde to sit on his bed. the red head paced around his room, before stopping, glancing at his best friend who sat on his bed. bakugou was confused. he was dragged to kirishima's room but the red head wasn't speaking.

"well? what do you want, shitty hair?"

"what's going on with you, man?" kirishima's eyes were filled with worry as he stated at bakugou.

the ash blonde shook his head,directing his gaze down to the floor. "nothing, i'm fine."

"no you're not." kirishima leant against his desk, opposite to bakugou. "ever since our guy's night you've been even more grumpy and depressed. i'm getting worried about you, bro."

the ash blonde stayed silent, not saying a word. he just clenched his fists, closing his eyes and squeezing them tightly.

kirishima put a hand on his shoulder, causing the boy to look up at meet his gaze. his vermillion eyes were lonely but that's not what surprised kirishima. what surprised him was the tears that had appeared in bakugou's eyes. they were barely noticeable, but they were there.

"i don't know what to do, kirishima." bakugou furrowed her brows. "i haven't spoken to her for a week and..i wasnt there for her when she collapsed." kirishima knew he was talking about you, he had noticed the distance that had grown between the two of you over the past week. "i should have been there for her."

silence then clouded the room again, only the feeling of bakugou's guilt swirling through the walls.

"bakugou, do you love l/n?"

the ash blonde looked up, the corner of his lip turning up slightly - just for a moment.

"is it that obvious?"

the red head smiled, nodding. "yeah...the way you look at her all the time kind of gives you away."

bakugou just let his head fall into his hands. "it doesn't matter now anyway, i'm pretty sure she hates me."

"have you talked to her about it?"

bakugou stayed silent for a second. he had cut off all contact with you for the last seven days so obviously he hadn't talked to you.

kirishima spoke up again. "you should." he looked directly at bakugou. "you've kept your feelings a secret for too long. you can't hide them forever."

bakugou looked up at the red head, a small smile creeping onto his lips, before opening his mouth...

"𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬 𝐢 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐥𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐦𝐲 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭
𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐢 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭"

he knew he couldn't hide his feelings for you anymore. he suddenly stood up from kirishima's bed. "i need to go." he headed to the door, reaching for the handle. hesitating for a moment he turned his head to look at his best friend. "thanks, bro."

kirishima nodded. "anytime."

☕︎︎

"f/n i can't believe you just collapsed like that!" mina had been stuck to your side since the end of dinner. "are you feeling okay now?" you reassured her that you were feeling fine now. she rested her head on your shoulder.

"i'm just so worried about you." mina frowned as she pulled you into a hug. "i should have realised you haven't been taken care of yourself." the pink girl had felt a wave of guilt  flow over her when you had collapsed in her arms. as your best friend it was her job to make sure you took care of yourself, but she didn't realise the signs.

"it's not your fault mina.." you hugged her back, nestling your face in her neck. she smelt comforting, and you missed the feeling of your best friend's arms around you. the two of you laid in each other's arms for a moment before she looked up at you, pulling away and placing her hands in your shoulders.

"now, tell me what's going on with you and bakugou." you looked down, avoiding eye contact with the pink haired girl. "you do like him, don't you?" you nodded slowly.

"then go tell him!"

that made you look up, your gaze snapping up to meet hers. "what? no. no i cant-"

"why not?"

"because! there's no way he feels the same way." mina blinked slowly, giving you a are-you-serious kind of look. she then let out a small giggle, before slapping her hand over her mouth as she began laughing uncontrollably. you furrowed your brows.

"of course he does! have you seen the way he looks at you? and the way he acts around you, he treats you better than he does everyone else!"

you shook your head. "even if he did see me like that i don't understand why." mina squeezed your shoulders.

"then go ask him."

again, you shook your head. "our friendship is already ruined. if i confess then it will make everything even worse." mina frowned, knowing that she couldn't push you to share your feelings if you didn't want to.

"okay i understand.." she pouted before a smile crept onto her face. "should we see if there's any ice cream in the fridge?" it was your turn to smile as you stood up, pulling mina with you.

once the two of you reached the kitchen you both raided the fridge, finding a tub of choc chip ice cream. you pulled out two spoons from the drawer, throwing one to mina. you dug in, glad to finally have some sort of food in your system. "i missed this." mina stated. "i missed you." you pouted, wrapping your arm around mina's shoulders.

"i missed you too." she rested her head on your shoulder, digging into the tub for another spoonful of ice cream. you thought you heard the light shuffle of feet from behind you, but you shrugged it off, taking another scoop of ice cream.

mina turned her head slightly, a wide smile creeping onto her features. "hey f/n, im gonna go to the bathroom real quick." you just nodded, not turning around to see her off, just keeping your gaze on the ice cream in your lap.

the kitchen then fell into silence at mina's absence. unbeknownst to you, a certain boy had walked down to the kitchen - and once he was spotted by mina she ran off, giving the two of you some alone time.

he fiddled with his hands in his pockets as he stared at your back. his brain was begging him to turn on his heels and walk away, but he knew if he didn't talk to you now, he would probably never hear your voice again.

"you haven't eaten properly in a week and your first meal is ice cream." his voice was low, barely above a whipser. but it was loud enough for you to spin around rapidly.

your breath hitched in your throat as your e/c eyes met bakugou's vermillion ones.