𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖.

a couple of days had passed since the arcade, and it was finally friday. after long, dull, extremely boring lessons that seemed to drag on forever, the school week was eventually over and the students began heading back to the dorms.

you walked back to the dorms with momo and jirou, both of them talking about different types of music. you were tired, so we're content with just listening to their conversation.

once you reached the common room, you waved goodbye to the two girls who decided to stay downstairs for a bit. your movements were sluggish, the exhaustion of the week catching up to you as you covered your mouth to yawn.

once you heard the ding of the elevator you stepped in, not bothering to look at the person who stepped in after you. as it rose to the fourth floor, you shut your eyes, leaning your head back on the wall of the elevator.

"you look like shit."

you smirked slightly, opening your eyes as you tilted your head in bakugou's direction.

"so do you."

he sent a small smirk back. a second ding caught your attention as the elevator reached the fourth floor. you and bakugou walked out of the elevator, both headed to your respective rooms. before opening your door, you stole a glance at bakugou, being met with his back as he already began walking into his room.

you entered your room, looking around at the bombshell you lived in. since it was friday and you didn't have school tomorrow you decided to give yourself a break from work and turn your attention to a more important matter.

your shit show of a room.

clothes were scattered everywhere, on the floor there were empty cans, food packets and plates, your bed hadn't been made in around two weeks and your desk was drowned in paper.

obviously you knew the conditions weren't healthy. you took a deep breath, before heading back downstairs to get a trash bag. after rummaging through the cupboards for a few minutes you found one, rolling your eyes before heaving yourself back to your room.

you threw anything you needed to into the trash whilst you picked up all your clothes, folding them and putting them away. you piled your notes up, putting some of the piles in drawers or on shelves whilst some stayed on the desk.

you stepped back a bit, almost forgetting how nice your room looked when it was actually clean. thankfully all your plants and vines were fake, meaning that you didn't have to worry about watering them, so the greenery around your ceiling and walls still looked fresh.

you had spent a large amount of time cleaning so your room was dimly lit by a few string lights and candles. for the first time in two weeks, you actually felt relaxed in your room, instead of stressed. for the final touch, you placed the pomeranian on your bed, surrounding it in pillows.

you took a few steps back, placing your hands on your hips and smiling in achievement.

after a few more moments of enjoying the calm atmosphere of your room a loud knock interrupted the serenity. you hadn't noticed how much time had passed but somehow it was already dinner. you walked out of your dorm to see bakugou leaning against the wall.