𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎.

you woke up the next day, mina's legs laying across your chest and jirou and momo clung around your waist. you managed to pry yourself out of the grip of your friends, brushing your teeth and sliding on a pair of slippers before heading down to the kitchen area for breakfast.

you took the pot of instant coffee, instantly waking yourself up with caffeine. although you and the girls had gone to bed super late, your body was used to waking up extremely early.

you checked the time, it was around six am. your hand moved to grab an apple from the bowl of fruit that sat on the counter in the kitchen. all of a sudden, you spun when you heard the front door to heights alliance opening and closing.

you looked at the person who had just walked in. bakugou was in sports wear, the tight fitting tank top he wore showing his muscles as he walked. he was sweating slightly, so you concluded he had gone out for a morning run or a workout.

you knew you were staring but you couldn't help it. you knew bakugou was handsome, but this was another level. your eyes travelled over his body, watching his muscles tense as he lifted up his water bottle to take a sip.

he hadn't noticed your presence yet, but you didn't mind. it meant you could have more time to admire how his body looked in that tank to-

"what are you doing up?"

your breath hitched as your gaze instantly shot from his arms to his face. his lips wore a small smirk. fuck, he definitely saw you checking him out. your cheeks flushed slightly as you tossed your apple up and down in your hand.

"breakfast..what about you?" he walked closer to you, then past you to the sink as he began to refill his bottle, considering the fact he had drunk all his water.

"i just went for my usual morning run."

you turned your head slightly to be met with his back, his back muscles tensing as he leaned over the sink. you had to tell yourself to stop gawking. you knew that if he turned around right now he would catch you staring at him yet again.

suddenly, he turned around quickly not giving you time to react. your back was suddenly against the kitchen counter with bakugou's arms caging you. you looked up, to be met with bakugou's vermillion eyes staring right at you.

his eyes were hooded as a small smirk ran across his face. he leaned in, tilting his head slightly as his lips brushed against your ear. "are you going to keep staring at me like that l/n? or are you going to do something about it?" your eyes widened immediately as bakugou retracted his head slightly so he was face to face with you again.

the two of you were so close that if one of you leaned in slightly your lips would brush against each other. bakugou's gaze dropped down to your lips, only for a second, then back to your eyes, looking into them deeply, as if he wanted you all to himself. you knew you should push him away, but your heart ached for you to lean in and close the distance between you too.

suddenly bakugou's eyes widened, as if he didn't realise what he was doing. the look in his eyes disappeared within a few seconds as he quickly stepped back, leaving you flustered and - as much as you didn't want to admit it - disappointed.

"lets forget that ever happened." he whispered. you furrowed your brows, the disappointment you felt now clearly showing in your facial expression. your heart ached yet again, the feeling of yearning being replaced with pain.