Chapter 12.

You arrived right on time at Sasha's doorstep. Before you had a chance to do it on your own, Armin easily lifted you off the horse.

You looked up at the house in front of you as Armin went to tie up the horse. It was lovely and almost as homey as Armin's house. It was smaller than Armin's house and more nestled in the trees. It was also in a neighborhood. Unlike the expanse of land that Armin's house sat on, there were rows of houses on either side of the street.

Amin made it back to your side and started down the walkway to the front door. He stopped in his tracks when you didn't follow. He turned back towards you and tilted his head slightly. "Are you okay?" He asked.

You nodded. Armin watched you as you hesitated. "It's just. Well. I haven't done anything like this in a long time. I don't know if I remember how to... socialize."

Armin laughed and stepped closer to you so he could take your hand. "You've been doing just fine with me." He smiled.

"It's not just that." You averted his gaze. "I'm about to meet all your friends. I just... I want them to like me."

He took another step closer to you so that you were face to face. Or rather, face to chest. He looked down at you and squeezed your hand as he said, "There's nothing not to like."

You pouted slightly. "Shut up." You said quietly.

Armin laughed and turned back towards the front door, pulling you along behind him. "They'll like you, Y/N. They have good judgement... Mostly."

You were greeted at the door by Sasha and Nicolo who promptly introduced himself. Historia was already there as well. After a few minutes of chatting everyone had arrived and you'd been introduced. Armin made sure to introduce you to everyone as soon as they showed up.

You were please to learn that yes, all of Armin's fiends were beautiful, and you were pleased by this because the friends that you hadn't met so far were all men, and they were all very handsome especially Eren. While Armin was handsome in a heartbreaking kind of way, Eren was handsome in a devastating kind of way. He had shoulder-length, dark brown hair that he kept half up in a bun, and eyes that glowed in an indescribable way. They were somewhere between silver and blue. They were so peculiar that you found yourself wanting to ask about them but figured you'd hold off for now... or just ask Armin later.

You were glad that Eren warmed up to you much quicker than Mikasa did. He seems to take an interest in you even. Even though he was kind and friendly, you felt like he might be testing you. He kept prodding you with questions and his eyes often flicked between you and Armin.

The others that you met were Connie and Jean. Connie was like a male version of Sasha and Jean was like a more toned down version of them both. All in all, it seems like a lovely group of people. They also seemed very close so you found that you stayed mostly quiet throughout the evening except when Eren asked you questions or Armin attempted to include you.

Armin had been right about Nicolo's cooking. Dinner was absolutely wonderful. Your belly was extremely happy after a delicious meal and several glasses of wine. After everyone's plates were clean Armin offered to do dishes.

You opened your mouth, about to say that you would go and help him but Sasha seemed to know exactly what was coming. "Don't even think about helping him." She said, picking up the wine bottle and topping off your glass. "You're the guest of honor."

You nodded and smiled at her. "If you say so."

You tried to stay present with the others but it was hard to take your eyes off of the back of Armin's head. He was in the next room now taking care of dishes and you could see him through the cracked door. It took you a moment to realize someone had addressed you. It was Eren who was sitting on your left. You just realized that he had been watching Armin too.