Epilogue.

Eight months had passed since you and Armin officially became a couple and you were still reeling. As you reached deeper into the raspberry bush, the soft grass tickled your feet and knees. You decided to forego shoes today since they only hindered your movement in the forest considering you occasionally had to cross the stream. You were making good use of your sun hat today. The trees provided plenty of shade now but your walk home from work at the bookshop alone would have caused you to sun burn.

You were thoroughly enjoying your new job. Well new might not be the right word anymore. And Armin had been right. He was overly cautious for a long time, and with good reason, but It didn't take long for you to establish a place in the community even though you were Marleyan. You owed your thanks equally to both Armin and your job for that. You were getting a lot of face time with members of the community and everyone was intrigued to meet 'Commander Arlert's girlfriend'.

"Hey beautiful," you heard the kind and low voice somewhere behind you. You stood instantly and rushed to him, leaving the near full basket of berries behind. You threw your arms around him as your skirt swished around your knees and your hat cascaded to the ground.

Your lips found his as you stood on tip toe. Armin laughed softly as his hands found your sides, pressing you to him.

"Missed me that much?" He teased.

"Look!" You said. You were about to show him the bounty of berries you were so excited about when you heard a throat clear somewhere behind Armin. You tilted your head so you could see around his shoulders and saw Eren and Mikasa standing there a bit awkwardly.

"Oh!" You exclaimed, taken by surprise. "Hi you two! I didn't see you there." The words were interspersed with nervous giggles.

"Hi, Y/N." Said Eren, gracing you with his stunning smile. Mikasa gave a small wave.

"I invited them over for dinner. Sorry to spring this on you. I hope it's okay." Armin said.

"Of course!" You said happily. "That sounds lovely."

"What are you doing out here?" Asked Eren.

"Look!" You said again as you rushed to pick up the basket. You held it out proudly to the three of them.

"Excellent!" Said Armin, "Today was the day huh?"

You nodded happily. Eren and Mikasa both had expressions that were a strange mixtire of impressed and intrigued.

"Well if you don't mind, I'll take this and make you some raspberry lemon bars." Armin said, taking the basket from you with one hand, and taking your own hand in his other. The four of you headed back towards the house.

"She's been waiting for these to ripen for weeks." He said to the others, sending one of his heartbreaking smiles in your direction.

You, Eren, and Mikasa enjoyed a few glasses of wine while Armin prepeard dinner and made desert. He actually let Eren help him with a few tasks.

You collectively decided that turning dinner into a picnic would be the perfect way to enjoy this lovely spring evening. You and Mikasa brought blankets, pillows, and trays outside while you waited for the boys to wrap up, you even managed to string some lights up between the tall garden tressles and a nearby tree. By the time you were finished, the boys were bringing out your meal.

You all shared the meal in comfortable companionship. You had grown closer and started to loosen up more with these two and most of the rest of the Scouts in the past few months. You and Armin teased Eren and Mikasa the way Eren had teased the two of you when you first got together. Mikasa may have warmed up to you a bit but she was still the type of person you found it hard to imagine teasing anyone. You were glad they were finally on their way to getting together and Armin always went out of his way to make sure you knew that you weren't an outsider anymore, even among this group of friends who grew up together.