|17|

A fight? This was random, even for him

A fight? This was random, even for him. I stood up, leaving my glass behind, and got nose-to-nose with Hwang. He was a little taller, which made him look down on me with that smug, drunken face of his. If he kept looking at me like that, then his wish for a fight would come true this instant.

"That can be arranged." As always, Han popped up out of nowhere. He had a special ear when it came to money. Especially when it went into his own pockets. He draped his arms around Hwang and my shoulder, standing in between us. "Let me fix it like last time. But this time it will be a very "secret-secret" fight. Far more exclusive and thrilling." His pleased face went from eyeing me and then to Hwang. But he got ignored. We both couldn't look away from each other; a battle of who could keep himself from blinking the longest. It felt impossible to not compete with him, even if it made us look incredibly stupid.

"So, you're in?" His face entered a new level of smugness when he arched a perfectly shaped brow. One of my fists locked into place by my side.

"I think your ankle left the chat."

"I am truly touched that you worry about me, but I'll be fine. Even with one leg, I can beat you. You will be submissive on your knees, Lee."

"I think your drunken brain is getting dumber with each passing second if you really think I'll sub to you."

Hwang inched impossibly closer. The sweetness of his alcoholic breath intoxicated me. His lashes lowered as his eyes trailed down over me, taking me in, then lingered on my lips.

"The curiousness is killing me," he whispered in a low growl, only for me to hear. Hwang was invading every last bit of my personal space and it made my heart trash against my chest from uneasiness. Hazy pictures trickled into my mind as he stood so close. My fever fucked with my memory from back in the cabin. I was seeing things that made me question which of them were real, and which were nothing more than lucid dreams.

Hwang being this up close made my mind lean toward real. My fist unclenched, stretching the fingers that seemed to have muscle memory of that day. How they clamped around his jaw.

My eyes widened.

"Hyung!" The memory burst when the back of my shirt got grabbed and got yanked backward. Hwang let go of me—I didn't even realize he was holding onto me in the first place; with a trembling fist, the fabric of my dress shirt crumpled up within. Hwang looked to my side, confusion washed over him but quickly got replaced by surprise.

"Felix!" I heard Chan yell behind me when a perfectly horizontal leg flashed past me and a boot hit Hwang square in the chest. With a choked-out "ooff", he fell flat on his back.