|77|

My chest hurt

My chest hurt. It felt like I was going to throw up. I had rushed so fast to Han's place that I blanked out, no clue how I got there in the first place. But only to find out he wasn't home and most likely went early to the club or never left to begin with. My anger was consuming me. The burning rage I had caged in for so many years was done being locked up, and it blinded me with white heat.

I fucking warned him!

I shouldn't have pitied him back then. He had always been a smooth talker to save his own ass. It was always about him. Why the fuck did Felix see something in him? That sleazy...

"Calm down Minho." My knuckles faded white from the strong grip on my steering wheel. The car growled louder the closer I got, accelerating when another surge of anger hit me. My heartbeat was thudding so hard in my ears, that it drowned out the annoyed honking from the cars I recklessly overtook.

I didn't care. All I cared about was beating the shit out of Han that he wished he was Yang right now.

And after pulling the plug from his life support I was going to do the same with his precious baby Leviathan. I preferred to burn it to the ground than make money out of it. I wanted nothing to do with that guy or his dirty money.

God, Felix, how stupid could he be? He went from a dumb mistake—which turned into my dumb mistake—to a horrible mistake. How could he stoop so low? Han didn't deserve his caring soul. He deserved my foot down his throat and choke to death.

The car door slammed shut when I arrived at the doorstep of Leviathan. I took the steps to the glass entrance in two jumps and brushed past the cleaning team that came in and out to make the club presentable before it opened its doors again tonight.

"Where is he?" I barked at a worker who just came out of the elevator. The man let his mop clatter onto the ground, startled by my sudden appearance.

"Who, sir?"

"The fucking owner of this joint!"

"Mr. Han is on the first level of the club." The man was pushed aside and repeatedly banged the button to the second highest floor with the side of my fist to make the damn doors close faster. The last bit of my sanity seeped out of me as I felt the anger swell. A vein in my neck bulged, and my eyes were about the pop out of its sockets. I must have looked crazed, the way everyone scurried out of my way when I barged out of the elevator.

I was rarely on the first level of the club. The dancefloor was smaller, to make way for the lounger with a drink. In the middle sat a raised platform with a human-sized birdcage for dancers doing their routine. The vibe was overall the same, carrying on that water blue theme. The steps that brought you to the other section were covered with LED screens to create a waterfall running down the stairs. 

But right now most mood lights were switched to bright, white ones to see what they were doing as they cleaned. And it made it easy for me to spot Han.

He stood behind the bar with his back turned to me, assessing the wall covered with booze. Noting what was empty, or almost empty, and scribbled it down on a piece of paper while he counted with his pointer finger in the air.