Lanta.

It Is Now The Ninth Year Of King Viserys Targaryen's Reign.

172 Years Before The Death Of The Mad King, Aerys, And The Birth Of His Daughter, Princess Daenerys Targaryen.

172 Years Before Daenerys Targaryen.

But Before We Get Into That, Let's Go To A Far Away Future.

Athena was sitting in her hospital bed, watching House of the Dragon again. She was dying, she had stage four cancer and has to stay in the hospital she owned. She has no kids, and she wasn't married. It hurt to know that all the good she had been putting out into the world didn't help her in return.

Her mother and father were torn apart. Parents shouldn't have to watch their children suffer; they shouldn't have to watch their child die before they do. Her mom visits every day, but she cries at every visit and has to leave.

Athena is at the stage where she is okay with dying. She can no longer deny her fate. So, she watches tv all day, among the shows she watches, her favorite is House of the Dragon. She wishes she could be in the show, she would change so much. She can't change Viserys, he was going to die regardless. She would have Otto killed in secret, she would fuck Daemon, Criston and Harwin.

Lately she has been in more pain than ever. She can feel her time coming closer minute by minute. Athena doesn't want to think about it. Her parents would be devastated when they get the call and that was something she didn't want to think about. They run her business while she is here. Athena was a very successful business woman and made millions owning, running, and working in a few hospitals; she is also a Obstetrician. She was sad that she never really got to spend her money. When she found out that she would be stuck in the hospital, she made a will. Her parents get most of her money and the rest goes to cancer research, donations and to opening a homeless shelter.

Athena was big on helping the helpless. She knew what it felt like to be homeless, hungry and helpless. So, when she got her life on track; she started to give back.

Today, her parents are coming for a visit. Her father had to stop visiting her because he felt sick watching his Babygirl laying there waiting to die. Today though, he wanted to see her because his wife felt that between today and tomorrow; they would be losing their daughter.

There was a knock at the door and her parents walked in. Athena smiled when she saw her dad come in.

"Hi honey, how are you feeling today." Her mother asked as she helped her sit up in the bed.

"I'm doing okay, just tired." Athena lied to her parents. If she told them about her pain, her mom would cry, and her dad would leave again. "I'm happy you came today daddy."

"Yeah, I just wanted to see my little girl and catch up with you."

"Yeah, we just wanted to spend the day with you honey." Her mom said.

"Okay, I like that. We can watch my show."

"Yeah, let's do that." Her father said.

They got on each side of her bed and lied down with her. They were asking her questions about the show they watched, and they talked about everything she missed at her company. Athena felt complete, she had her mom and dad with her and her favorite show. (Why am I crying)

"I think we should take a picture." Athena suggested to her parents, as both got their phones out.

"Yeah, that would be nice." Her mother said as they took the picture's.

"Hey, I need a coffee, do you ladies want anything." Athena's father asked. She figured that him seeing her was hard on him and he needed a way to escape.

"Yes, a green tea for Thena and a coffee for me." Her mother said.

The father goes and her mother tells her she is going to get them something to eat.

Athena knew they were scared, her father doesn't even drink coffee. She knew they could feel her time coming, so could she. It felt like she was a balloon, getting lighter and lighter. She knew her time was now and for the first time, she cried. She cried for her parents to be okay without her, to not be miserable, to reach the goals in her company that she could no longer reach.

She wiped the tears from her face and called for a nurse. She asked the nurse to mail the two letters she had out today and to not let her parents see them.

When her parents got back, they ate together and laughed and talked for the rest of the day. When it was time for them to go, they bear hugged each other and exchanged heart felt "I love You's." Her parents left and later into the night, they got the call their precious baby died in her sleep.

Author's Note

I wanted to dedicate this chapter to my grandmother.

She died a few months ago to stage four bone cancer.

and I never got to say goodbye to her.

Or that I was sorry for how I treated her.

Or that I forgive her for the way she treated me.

So, I'm dedicating this to you Patsy Bivens.