The Baby Talk

"We're too busy for kids, Carina" Stated Maya.

"I know, bella, but-"

"We have jobs, Carina! You're an OB and I'm a firefighter. We both work crazy shifts, how are we gonna manage a kid?"

"I don't know, bambina, but we'll figure it out. We always do" Carina states, knowing that they would have a mini argument during this conversation. She just really wants a baby and to be a mom.

Maya gets a text from Vic:

Vic: We need you at the station, Cap

"Alright, Carina, I have to go we'll talk about this later" Maya's never really wanted kids. She's always been more focused on her job and winning her Olympic gold medal, which she did on a sprained ankle.

Both woman go ahead and get to work. When Maya gets to the fire station, she sits in office when there's a knock at the door. It's Lieutenant Andy Herrera.

"Hey, capy cap!" Andy walks in.

"Lieutenant"

Andy notices somethings up with her best friend. "Hey, what's wrong? Somethings up" She knows Maya's stubborn.

"Nothings wrong, Lieutenant"

"Maya" Andy fiddles with the pens and pencils on Maya's desk, knowing that it will make her annoyed.

"Nothings wrong, Andy! I'm fine!"

Herrera puts her hands up in surrender. "Okay, okay"

The room is silent.

"So, drinks at Joe's later after shift just like old times, what do you say?" Andy says, breaking the silence.

Maya stares at the edge of her desk, nodding. It's actually been quite quiet at the station so Maya decides to do some drills.

The entire crew goes to the barn.

"Alright, team, 50 pushups, 50 sit ups and 50 burpees. Partners, Tanner and Sullivan, Ruiz and Herrera, Hughes and Montgomery, Warren and Dixon, Vasquez and Miller, Cutler and Larsson, Kline and Higgins, Russell and Bennett" Maya orders. 

Maya walks around making sure no one is slacking. "Ruiz, you're slacking pick up the pace! Nice job, Miller and Hughes nice and easy. C'mon, Herrera slacking won't cut it!"

The entire team continues Maya's drills.

*******************

After drills, the entire team just collapses on the floor, except for Maya.

"God" Dean says, breathing heavily. "Bishop works us hard"

"She's gonna injure us" Travis groans.

ENGINE 19

LADDER 19

AID CAR 19

REPORT VEHICLE FIRE AND ACCIDENT  ON SEATTLE'S BRIDGEPORT I-23.

Everyone groans.

"Alright team, up and at 'em!" Maya shouts. "Sullivan, Ruiz, Herrera, Cutler, Higgins, you're on engine with me. Montgomery, Hughes, Vasquez, Larsson, Kline, Bennett, you're on ladder, Warren, Dixon, Russell, you're on aid car"

Everyone runs to their positions.

"Captain!" Jack shouts.

"Gibson, you're on desk duty!" Maya says.

"Awww what!? C'mon!"

"Gibson, I won't tell you again"

"C'mon Cap!" Herrera shouts.