Isabella Ray DeLuca-Bishop Is Born

Maya rushes out the door on a cold mid-November morning. Carina was not yet awake. Well, not until little Ashlyn started crying because she was hungry. Carina appreciates her sleep. She hasn't had much of it especially since she had gotten pregnant with Isabella.

Carina carefully swings her legs around to the side of the bed and stands up to go get a bottle from the refrigerator for Ashlyn. She sets the bottle down on the counter and goes down the hall to pick up a wailing Ashlyn.

"shhh Ashlyn, va bene" Carina tells the little blonde. She carries Ashlyn to kitchen and feeds her bottle. After a couple minutes, Ashlyn falls asleep again.

Carina walks back to the bedroom and closes her eyes just as her alarm goes off. She groans before getting up to get ready for work. She eats breakfast and puts a still sleeping Ashlyn in her car seat just as Isabella kicks.

"Well good morning to you too, piccolina" The Italian says and she drives to work.

*************

"Good job guys. We can close up" Carina said. She had just finished this woman's surgery. The woman had a mass in her uterus that was to be taken out.

Carina went walking down the steps before blacking out.

"Robbins, what happened?" Amelia asked.

"It's Carina. She fell down the stairs. She's unconscious, but I think she's okay"

"Okay. Dr DeLuca, can you hear me?"

"Dr Shepherd, she's not responding and the baby is in distress" Jo says.

Carina starts waking up. "What's going on?"

"Isabella is in distress" Jo says.

"Guys I'm fine"

**************

"Nice job on this fire today team! Hit the showers! Captain Bishop can I speak to you please?" Ripley said.

"Yeah sure Chief, what's up?"

"Bishop, your wife is in surgery"

"Yeah I know of course she is. She's a surgeon" Maya scoffs.

"No Bishop, she fell down the stairs at Grey Sloan. The baby is in distress. They're doing an emergency c-section" The chief says.

"What?! I'm sorry Chief, but I need to go" Maya says in a rush.

"Don't worry about it, Bishop. Go be with your wife"

***************

"Okay Dr DeLu-"

"Just please call me Carina"

"Okay Carina, are you ready?"

"Where's my wife? Where's Maya? And Erica. Can someone get an update on her?" Carina asks.

"Erica's fine, Carina. You need to calm down" Arizona says. "Jayne, can you call Dr DeLuca's wife, Maya?"

"But I already called her wife" The intern said.

"CALL HER AGAIN THEN" Jo says.

The intern called Maya.

**************

Maya bursts through the door and couple minutes later. "Babe, I'm so sorry I-"

"It's okay bella, all I care is that you're here now. I love you" Carina says, motioning Maya to come over.

"I love you too" Maya walks over to Carina and the smaller girl that's sleeping in her arms.

"She's perfect, isn't she?"

Maya nods. "Should I go get Ashlyn so she can meet her little sister?"

"Sì"

Maya goes to get Ashlyn and then comes back with her.

"Ciao Ashlyn. Maya, can you pick her up?" Carina said.

"Yes" Maya picked up Ashlyn and put her on the bed beside Carina and Isabella.

"Do you like her Ash?" Maya asked the little blonde.

"This is your sorellina Isabella" Carina says.

Ashlyn nods and claps her hands. "Baby"

Maya and Carina look at each other.

"Oh mio dio, was that her first word?" Carina asked in shock.

"Yes" Maya nodded.

**************

"Sorry I had to rush out earlier, how was Ashlyn this morning?" Maya asks, holding a sleeping Isabella as Carina is holding a sleeping Ashlyn.

"Crying because she was hungry, but fell asleep afterwards" Carina says.

"Oh that's good"

Carina nodded and looked towards Maya and sleeping Isabella. "Welcome to the world Isabella Ray"

****************

A/N: Oh my gosh! I haven't written this story in forever. I had my orientation yesterday too.