All Up In Flames

The team of Seattle Fire's firefighters had a chill morning and Maya's been happy all week since it has been getting closer and closer to Carina's due day.

"Hey cap?" Lieutenant Herrera asked.

"Yes Lieutenant?"

"May I ask why you've been in such a good mood?" Andy asks.

"Why? Is it a bad thing?" Maya asks, raising an eyebrow.

"No, at least you don't have us doing drills"

"You want me to do drills?" Maya asks with a smug smirk on her face.

"No, no, no"

Maya stands up and walks over to her office door. "Alright everyone, to the barn! We're doing drills! Andy's request"

There was a chorus of 'ugh's' and 'what's.' Even a 'Andy, what the hell!?' from Vic.

"I hate you" Andy groans.

Maya smirks with a small laugh after. "Thanks, I love you too Herrera"

Maya looks at her phone when she hears a message notification from Carina.

Carina: Hi bambina, I'll be home a little later at around 6pm. Just wanted to let you know if you didn't see me

Maya: Okay, thank you for letting me know! See you later :)

Everyone then goes to the barn.

"Alright team, you know the drill! 50 push ups, 50 sit ups and 50 burpees" Maya orders.

The firefighters get into their partners and do exactly that.

******************

"Great job team! Go hit the showers!" Maya says.

Just as half of the time is in the showers or bunks, the alarm sounds.

ENGINE 19

LADDER 19

AID CAR 19

REPORT—SKYSCRAPER FIRE; FIVE ALARM

The entire team hops into each of the trucks they were assigned.

*******************

There's a silence that hits the truck as they're driving to the fire.

"Captain, you realize you'll have to go in with us" Theo tells his captain.

"Yes, I know Ruiz"

When they get there, they all get their masks and helmets on and go into the fire.

********************

Maya and Vic get stuck on crowd control trying to help evacuate people.

Ben meets a young female worker named Molly. She had already evacuated half of the people out of the skyscraper.

Meanwhile, Andy goes up further into the skyscraper and meets a guy named Hunter. Hunter is one of the staff who work in the skyscraper. He's on the 31st floor.

****************

Andy is holding the elevator door open with her hands. All elevator had stopped because of the fire as Maya and Vic are still trying to get people out and find victims.

"Chief, the fire is starting to spread. Hughes and I are trying to—" Maya says into her walkie talkie.

Suddenly, there's a loud bang and there becomes a static on the walkie talkie.

"Bishop? Hughes? Bishop! Hughes! Report!" Ripley shouts.

"Dispatch, this is 19, there has been an explosion, we need more stations, it's all hands on deck" The blonde Fire Chief said into his walkie talkie.

"Copy that 19, more stations are on the way" The dispatcher said.

"C'mon Hunter just jump" Andy tells the blonde male.

"But I'm scared" Hunter says.

"It's fine" Andy reassures. Then she hears the loud bang causing Hunter to jump to her. Though, Andy wasn't ready.

The explosion causes glass to go into Travis' chest and for them to run into an injured Molly.

"Montgomery!" Ben yells.

"Go-go, get Molly to safety" Travis says.

Ben nods and continues making his way to the 1st floor.

The blast made Jack go missing so now Dean is by himself. "Gibson?" Dean looks around.

"Hunter!" Andy shouts as Hunter's hand slips from hers and he falls down the elevator shaft.

Jack is walking down a stairwell to set up some fans for the smoke when he finds an injured Travis. Travis' pass device turns on.

****************

The firefighters manage to get themselves along with Molly and Travis out of the burning skyscraper.

Andy starts to sob into Maya a little after they get their masks and helmets off. Maya just holds her friend tightly until Pruitt comes to walk back to the engine with his daughter.

"Hey Bishop!"

Maya turns around and groans when she sees who's talking to her.

"You guys did a good job—but maybe you would've followed my way during the captaincy test" Dearborn says.

Maya groans. "Please don't right now, Dearborn"

"Dude! Why did you leave me!?" Dean says. "You're so lucky you look so rough right now because if you didn't I would punch you"

"Sorry.."

Dean walks back to the engine.

"And thanks for not punching me!" Jack calls after him.

"Yet!" Dean adds.

**************

When the team gets back to the station it's pretty silent like it was during the drive.

Everyone's gone home it's just Andy and Maya.

"I'm sorry for crying to you like that, that was so unprofessional" Andy says.

"That's okay, this fire was pretty scary" Maya reassured.

Andy starts telling her friend why she was crying until there's a knock at the door. It's Ryan. Maya knows they've been arguing, but they like each other more than anything.

Andy gives Maya the 'are you serious!?' look.

"I'm sorry, I called him" Maya says, sympathetically.

Andy finally just gives in and basically collapses into Ryan's arms, sobbing.

"Shhh, it's okay Andy, you're safe now" Ryan coos.

****************

Maya gets home and is surprised to see that Carina's still up.

"You're still up?"

"Mhm. Couldn't sleep"

Maya looks down as she begins to cry.

"Bella..." Carina pulls Maya into a hug. "It's okay"

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry..." Maya says.

"What happened?"

"It was just a stressful call, I'll tell you in the morning. I'm tired" Maya says, kissing Carina's pretty big baby bump.

"Okay, bambina, good night" Carina kisses the top of Maya's forehead and they both end up falling asleep in their bed.

*****************

A/N: Of course I had to add Ripley, Pruitt, Ryan and Dearborn in there.