Into The Woods

After the five alarm fire yesterday, the team had decided to go camping. Everyone brought their significant other. Andy brought Ryan, Maya brought Carina, Travis brought Emmett and Vic brought Lucas. Everyone else is by themselves.

First, they have a cornhole competition.

"Okay, I'm assigning groups for this thing! Group 1 is Battalion Chief Ross, Vic, Dean, Emmett, me, Carina, Chief Herrera, Theo and Travis. Group 2 is Assistant Chief Beckett, Jack, Fire Chief Ripley, Andy, probie, Ryan, Robert, Ben and Rigo" Maya orders.

"I have a name you know" Maverick says. Maverick's the probie of Station 19.

"Yeah, well, you're probie to us" Maya says.

The firefighters get into their groups.

"Let's see what you got, probie" Andy says.

******************

Group 1 ended up winning.

"Woooooo! We win! Let's go!" Travis shouts. He high-fives with Dean. "Up top!" Travis soon realizes that Lucas is standing behind him. "Oooooo, shit, sorry Chief. Good game?"

The Fire Chief laughs. "Yes, good game, Montgomery"

Travis chuckles a little.

"Okay everyone now we're gonna race to one side of the camp ground to the other" Maya says. "The partners are Maverick and Emmett,"

"Oooooo Emmett and probie" Vic says.

"Ben and Beckett, Me and Sully, Ryan and Jack, Travis and Vic, Theo and Andy, Chief Herrera and Miller, Battalion Chief Ross and Fire Chief Ripley and lastly, Vasquez and Carina"

"You better be fast" Jack says.

"Yeah, well, I'm a police officer so I can technically arrest you if you beat me" Ryan jokes.

"I bet I'm gonna beat you—respectfully Chief" Dean says.

Pruitt chuckles. "That's okay, Miller, I like your competitive banter"

"You're probably gonna beat me" Carina tells Rigo, laughing along when Rigo laughs.

"This should be fun" Ross says.

"Oh yes, it will be" Ripley pondered.

"This isn't far, Bishop. You were in track, of course you're gonna beat me" Robert chuckles.

"You got that right" Maya ponders.

"I'm sorry if I beat you," Travis says, sympathetically. "I love you"

"It's okay....now go ahead and beat me you big buffoon" Vic chuckles.

***************

After each of the pairs ran, the people who won were Ben, Maya, Ryan, Travis, Andy, Pruitt, Natasha and Carina.

"Yeah! I'm proud of you for winning, dad!" Andy says. Dean looks at Andy like 'screw you.' "What?"

Pruitt chuckles. "Thank you, Andy"

"I'm so proud of you, babe!" Maya shouts, happily.

"Thank you, bambina" Carina chuckles and smiles.

"Okay now let's go on a hike!" Maya shouts to the rest of the group.

"Hell yeah! Hopefully we see bears!" Jack says.

"B-bears?" Carina says, scared.

"No babe, there will be no bears" Maya stated.

They all start to go on a hike. On the way back, Dean and Travis spot some bear footprints.

"Guys there's bear footprints" Travis warned.

"What?!" Carina shouts.

The baby bear comes out from behind the bush. "That's not good" Andy says.

"When there's a baby bear there's always a—" Maya starts.

"Mama bear" Andy finishes Maya's sentence.

The mama bear growls.

Maya pushes Carina behind her to protect her. 

Maverick starts to get ready to run.

"Don't run! Do not run! If you do...it'll chase you. Do not make any sudden movements,"

"Make yourselves big" Andy says. The rest of the group also lifts there hands up slowly.

The two bears soon go away.

Andy starts breathing rapidly afterwards because she was scared.

"Shhh it's okay, Andy. You did good" Pruitt says.

"Thanks dad"

"Blood, guys there's blood" Maverick shouts.

"There's an unconscious person over here!" Emmett also shouts. "There's no pulse"

"Damn it" Carina says, kneeling down starting to do CPR.

"Here Carina, let me do it" Emmett says.

"Okay-" Carina gets cut off by her water breaking.

"Oh shit" Emmett says, getting up.

"Carina" Ben says, trying to help Carina stand up.

"I'm fine, just let me help this person-oh!" She feels a contraction.

"We have to get her to the hospital, she's already contracting" Ben says.

"No, no, no, I'm fine!" Carina says, reassuringly.

"C'mon" Ben says, now managing to get Carina and Maya to the hospital.

*************

A/N: So now Carina and Maya are about to become parents.