Thanksgiving All Together

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay here with your broken arm?" Maya asked.

"Yeah, I'll be fine. Go get Thanksgiving dinner ready at the station. I just have somethings to finish up at work on my laptop and then I'll drive over" Carina says.

"Okay" Maya says.

"I love you"

"Love you too"

***********

"Okay, who's making what?" Dean asks.

"Maya and Jack are making the turkey, Vic is making her grandmother's stuffing, Andy is making empanadas and so forth" Travis says.

"Okay" Dean says.

"I don't know who else is making stuff"

"Okay"

***********

A few hours later, Carina was cuddled into her wife with 3 month old Isabella on the blondes chest. As Isa started to get a little older, her facial features definitely look like Maya's. 1 year old Ashlyn looks like Maya's carbon copy.

Carina and Isabella were asleep whilst Maya was still awake although she started to doze off. Maya was watching the rise and fall of her wife's chest as both Carina and Ashlyn were nuzzled into her side and Isabella was asleep on her chest.

It was about 6:30pm in Seattle, with a small breeze and a bit sunny which was unusual for Seattle around this time of year.

"Bishop!" Maya bolted awake. It was Andy.

She took a sigh of relief.

"Good god Herrera, you scared the living hell out of me" Maya started to sit up.

"Sorry, I just wanted to tell you the food was ready" The Latina had stated.

"Right. Okay. We'll be there in a sec"

The Latina nodded and walked out.

"Babe,"

Carina started to wake up. "Hm?"

"The crew is done with dinner. Let's go eat"

"Okay"

Carina gently picked up Isabella off of Maya's chest and then woke up the smaller sleeping blonde.

Ashlyn rubbed her eyes with the back of her hand.

Carina, Maya, Ashlyn and Isabella walked into the kitchen and sat down.

Vic and Travis wanted to hold Isabella, so Carina let them. Maya had Ashlyn bouncing on her thigh.

Andy and Ryan walked into the kitchen.

"Hey everyone" Ryan said, hand in hand with Andy.

"Hi Ryan" The Station 19 team said.

"Ladies first"

Andy smiled and went to the table to sit first.

"Can I hold Isabella?" Andy asked.

Carina nodded and Travis handed Isabella to her.

"She's so cute"

"Thank you"

Then, they sat down and ate Thanksgiving dinner.

************

"Damn I'm stuffed" Dean says, slumped in his chair.

"Me too" Said Jack.

ENGINE 19

LADDER 19

AID CAR 19

REPORT TO WEST SERVANT STREET; APARTMENT FIRE

Dean hands off Isabella to Carina and joins the rest of the team. Maya hands off Ashlyn to Carina and kisses her cheek.

"I have to go, love you babe"

"Love you too, please be careful!"

"I'll try!" Maya says, before running off to join her team.

*************

"M'am what happened?" Maya asked.

"I-I don't know. My daughter-in-law was cooking the turkey for Thanksgiving and I guess it burned and when my husband opened the oven it went on fire"

"Okay. What's your name?"

"My name is Winnie. Please save my family. My husband, son, daughter-in-law and grandchildren are still inside" Winnie said.

"What are their names m'am?" Andy asked.

"My husbands name is Ralph, sons name is William, daughter-in laws name is Esther and my grandchildren's names are Harriet and Edith. My daughter-in-law is pregnant she's having a girl named Dorothy. Please save them!"

Maya nodded. "Herrera, Hughes conquer South side of the building, Miller, Montgomery and Sullivan conquer the East side, Gibson, Warren conquer West side, Ruiz, Vasquez conquer North side, walkie talkie me if something happens. Probie, you'll stay out here with me, we don't need you getting hurt. Come on people let's move!"

The crew starts looking for people.

*************

"Captain, why can't I go in?" Maverick asked.

"Because we don't need you getting hurt, probie"

"Please, can't I get in on the action? Isn't this what this job is all about?"

Maya sighs. "Stop talking to me and get in there"

Greene runs off into the burning building.

Maya pulls out her phone and sends Carina a quick text.

Maya: won't be home until a little later

Then, she puts away her phone.

"Cap?"

"Speak to me, Herrera"

"The South side is really bad, I don't know if the building is gonna hold out any longer" Andy said.

"Okay," Maya looks up at the building. "Get out of the building!" She yells into the walkie talkie.

The crew starts coming out of the building and helping people.

Maya looks back and watches the building coming down.

************

Maya drives home around 10pm. When she walks in the door all of the lights are off. The kids must be asleep, she thought. She walked into her and her wife's bedroom and saw Carina asleep.

Maya quickly took a shower to wash the smoke smell off of her.

After her shower, she gently climbed onto the bed, spooning her wife. Then, she soon fell asleep.

************

A/N: Happy almost Halloween and 1989 (Taylor's Version) came out today 🩵💃

So sorry this chapter took so long to write. I can't believe I've been writing it for 2 months and now I'm finally finished.