Chapter 4. |whos ghostface?|

The taxi drove Ethan and I back to our college where everyone else was. I was talking with Ethan until Mindy started talking. "Okay nerds listen up. As terrifying as this all is, I'm actually glad I get a chance to redeem myself for not calling the killers last time." She took a deep breath. "The way I see it, someone is out to make a sequel to the requel." Anika raised her hand. "What's requel?" She asked. "Your beautiful sweetie, let's hold questions to the end." Anika smiled

"Stab one took place in Woodsboro, Stab two took place in...college." Sam stated. "So you think the killer is trying to copy the movies?" Tara asked. "That is one possibility." Mindy pointed out. "Hero's now in college, check. Suspicious new characters brought in to run out the suspect list," She then pointed at Ethan. "And or body count, check check and check." Ethan shook his head. "I don't like this." "Who does." I replied.

"That can't just be about stab two." Mindy said. "Why not?" Tara asked. "It would make sense if this were just a sequel, but we're not in the sequel, because nobody just makes sequels anymore." We all stared at Mindy. "We're in a franchise!" She smiled. "And there are certain rules to a continuing franchise." "I had a feeling." Sam said as she looked at the ground.

"Rule one! Everything is bigger than last time. Bigger budget, bigger cast, bigger body count,longer chases, shoot outs, beheaded, you gotta top what came before to keep people coming." She smiled. "Beheadings?" Chad asked. "Beheadings." Mindy answered.

"Rule Two!" She continued. "Whatever happened last time, expect the opposite. Franchises only survive by subverting expectations. If the killers last time were whiny snowflake film nerds with a letter box to count instead of personality's, you can bet the opposite will be true here." She finished.

"And rule three! No one is safe. Legacy characters? Cannon falter at this point. Usually brought back to be killed off in some cheap vid for nostalgia. It's not looking so good for Gale and Kirby. Oh and that's not even the worst part!" She yelled. "Oh, this is the part where she tells us the worse part." Chad said. "The worst part is franchises are just continuing episodic installments designed to boost an ip, which means main characters are completely expendable too, Nancy Thompson, jigsaw, tony stark, James Bond, I mean even Luke Skywalker all died so their franchises Could live on, that means it's not just the friend group, any of us can go, at anytime, especially Sam, Tara, and Sage." Mindy finished.

All three of us made eye contact with each other. "Wait, any of us?" Ethan asked. Mindy nodded her head. "Yea." "Am I in the friend group?" He asked. "Yea." Mindy said once again. Ethan looked at the ground. "Am I gonna die a virgin?" I tried to hold back my laughter after he said that, I just can't take him seriously sometimes. "I bet Sage could change that." Chad teased. I rolled my eyes. "Well that's a weird over share. But that brings us to our current suspect, Ethan." Mindy pointed at him. "Shy dorky guy who no one suspects because he's so shy and dorky." She finished.

"Okay but why him?" I asked. It kinda made me mad but I tried not to show it. "Is it just because I'm randomly Chads roommate?" He asked. Mindy continued. "Roommate lottery could be juked. You could've fixed it to get next to us." Ethan rolled his eyes. "Okay, how the fuck could it be him when he literally helped me last night with ghostface?" Mindy ignored me and carried on. "Quinn, the slutty roommate, in a horror movie, classic." "Sex positive, but, thank you?" Quinn looked up at her confused. "Mhm, uh how did you come to live with Sam and Tara?" Mindy asked. "I answers their ad online?" "Okay! Say no more you already implicated yourself enough!"

"It was an anonymous ad Mindy." Tara popped in. "And you know we bedded her plus her dads a cop." She finished. "And that makes it more likely to be the killer because having a cop dad is a great cover. Do you not remember how these movies work Tara!" She yelled in her face. "Okay but this is real life, not some fucking cliche horror movie Mindy!" I yelled. "Is she always like this?" Quinn said referring to Mindy.

"And finally, Anika. Never trust the love interest." Anika's face went down fast. She looked away from Mindy. Damn I felt bad for her to be honest. "Okay. So we have our rules, and we have our suspects." Sam said. "Wa- wait, what about you guys?" Ethan said pointing at us. "I mean, I think it's pretty safe to rule out the five of us who went through this last year in woodsburrow." Mindy pointed out. "Well, since you wanna act like this is a fucking movie, that could be true." I said smiling. "What do you mean?" Tara asked. "I mean by what if someone just teamed up with ghostface, you know. People can easily change." I just wanted to get on Mindys nerves, i didn't like the way she was acting like this was some dumbass horror movie where you already know how it's gonna end.

"But you know, you think we're in a franchise, and you know how everything end out right?" Mindy looked at me as if I was the murder.

"Exactly, like the trauma you all went through could cause one or more to just snap." Quinn carried on. "Yea, or the things you got from the killings could make you thirsty for more. I mean to be honest here, some of the theories online about Sam are..." "don't you fucking dare." Tara cut Ethan off. "Yea I mean, their right. If we're all suspects, Y'all are all suspects." Anika said gesturing to all of us. I smiled.

"Anything else Mindy?"