The date

I was so nervous when I went into work knowing that after I'm going on a date with Shadow. "You're blushing Knuxie what's going on?" I turn to see a female bat who is also my boss. "Nothing Rouge I just got a date tonight after work and I'm just nervous" I replied continuing to stack boxes of fabrics. "Oh may I ask the name of this lucky guy~ or girl~" she smiled. "His name is Shadow" "Shadow Dark? A black and red hedgehog?" She asked and I look at her surprised. "Yeah um how did you know?" I asked. "Oh he's my biggest investor and long time friend you gotten yourself a good one my dear." She smiled writing on her clipboard. "Did you two....date?" "Oh no honey I'm a lesbian never was attracted to him. But if I were you I'd pull back your bang so he can become hypnotize by your stunning eyes." She said and leaves the storage room.

Later that night

I finished curling my hair and putting on the side before applying my makeup in natural and dark tones. I look at myself in mirror wearing my blue silk blouse and black pencil skirt when the doorbell rang. My palms started sweating as I approached the door. I looked through the peephole seeing shadows head before opening the door. "Wow you look amazing Knuxie" he smiled and handed me a lilly. "Thank you and you look very dashing yourself" I replied taking the flower. He was in a dark grey button down shirt, black pants and black dress shoes. "Shall we my dear" he smiled extending his elbow. I nod shutting and locking my door before looping my arm around his. We walk up to a brand new Toyota Supra and he opens the door for me. "Thank you" I said getting in. The drive was actually fun we sang along with a bunch of classic rock music and laugh. Once we got to the restaurant I was amazed by the view of the city. The lights looked like stars that had fallen to earth. We smiled, talked, and enjoyed the wine he order which was amazing. Our appetizers came and we ordered our entrees. I listen to him tell me about himself more as I enjoyed the crab bisque soup. He's really an amazing guy and I'm really enjoying myself on this date. "So Knuxie mind telling more about yourself?" He asked taking a bite of his salad. "Well as I mentioned I work for your friend rouge in fashion industry which to be honest wasn't my first career choice." I said before taking a sip of wine. "What was your first career choice?" He asked. "Ok don't freak out but I actually wanted to work in the Funeral industry" I said. "Interesting why the change?" "Honestly during my clinicals I had to embalm two of the children that were killed in that school shooting.... I couldn't do it and quit it just broke my heart....." I looked down. "I'm so sorry" "Its ok I'm glad there's people who can do it" I smiled. "Well I think it's great you tried. I do need to ask are you happy with the current career?" He asked. "Yeah I am happy with it" I smiled and he nods. "They say if your happy with what you do then it's doesn't feel like work" he said finishing his glass. "My mom use to say that...." I smiled tearing up. We continue to talk more and enjoyed our entrees. As we were waiting for dessert shadow held my hand at the table. "Im having a good time" he smiled and blush. "Same here I would love to do this again" I smiled. "Good does Sunday brunch sound good?" He asked and I nod. "You cheating whore!" I turn and get slapped across the face by the CEO. "Hey buddy what the fuck!" Shadow pushed him away from me. "This girl is to be married to my son" "I told my father and you that I won't marry your rapist son" I snapped looking over shadows should as he stood in front of me in a protective way. "No your father said you changed your mind now I know you're nothing but a gold digger." "I cut my father out of my life when he came to my friends house and tried to force me to see your son in jail. I haven't spoken to him in a week so he lied to you!" I rose my voice. "Excuse me could you please handle this outside" asked the hostess. "We're done here please have our desserts wrapped up and bring me the check." Shadow said. "Yes sir" she walks away as he kept eye contact with the CEO. "Buddy you better watch your back" "or what? Because your son attacked her and I was the one who beat him up and called the cops. So don't test me." Shadow growled lowly and the CEO started backing up as his face turned white. "Ye-yes s-sir" he said and quickly went back to his table. "Here you are sir" the hostess said and handed me the bag with the desserts. He pays and leaves a very good tip before we left. I didn't dare ask him how he suddenly scared him but I just wanted to get home. "Let's put some ice on your cheek when we get back to your house." He said and I nodded. "Hey don't let him bring you down. Come on smile" he said and I cracked a smile. "Theres that beautiful smile." He said. "Thank you again for protecting me." I said. "Of course Knuxie" he replied. "Umm Shadow could you umm stay over.... I don't want to be alone after this...." I asked. "My place or yours?" He said. "Yours if you don't mind" "ok let's stop at your house for some clothes and head to mine" he said and I agreed.
Once we pulled up to his house I was amazed. It was a two story house with 6 bedrooms and gated yard. I had no idea he was this rich not that I care about money since I make a real good living. We parked next to a rusty old 66 Chevy impala. "Big block or small block?" I asked him. "Small block" he replied as I admired the classic car. "Guess you got a thing for the classics don't you?" He smiled. "Yeah I do" i replied. "It belonged to my dad before he passed away 4 years ago. It works but I'm scared to drive it risking it getting into a wreck." He said. "I can understand that and what did your dad pass away from?" I asked as we walking into his home. "Massive heart attack" he said. He shows me the guest room and I change into my sweatpants and t-shirt. I was scared to wipe my makeup off but I had to. When I walked into the kitchen as he set a tea kettle on the stove he looked at me and smiled. "Still so beautiful" he said and I blush. We ate our dessert and enjoyed some tea before heading to bed. As I slept Shadow came in a checks on me before closing the door.

"At last my search has ended I finally found my bride"