Chapter: 3

Hero's Only Sidekick 3

  "Hey (Y/n)." Gilbert yells as he jogs over towards where your sitting on the bleachers. "Nice Jacket. That's the first time I've ever seen it on anyone besides Alfred." He says and you smirk. 

  "Ya, well I am his sidekick. I find I sort of get a right to wear it." You smile. 

  "That's right." Alfred says coming up behind you and hugging you from behind. He's all sweaty but you don't care, you've wanted this for too long to care. 

  "So, you guys confident about tomorrow's game?" You ask and they both nod. 

  "Of course. We'll win just because we're that awesome." Gilbert says making Alfred laugh. 

  "You've got that right." He agrees. 

  "Well you guys should probably go get changed. School starts in ten minutes and Mrs. Kanroo takes no exceptions to people who are late." You tell them and they nod. 

  "I'll see you in class." Alfred says kissing your cheek before running up to catch up with Gilbert. You sigh and grab your bag and sling it over your shoulder. 

  Heading to your first class you can't help but notice as people stare at you as you walk by. It sort of makes you nervous but you don't let anyone know that. You continue to walk to class until seven girls step in your way. The middle girl steps forward, flipping her brown hair over her shoulder. 

  "Hey (y/n) why are you wearing Alfred's jacket? Did you steal it or did he take pity on you because you couldn't afford your own?" Sara said placing her left hand on her hip. This causes the others around us to giggle. 

  "Hey Sara, at least I've worn his jacket." You say mocking her movements. 

   "And at least I can get a guy." Her words hit deep and you don't know why because you had Alfred. And it's not like you haven't been asked out before that. 

  "But I didn't lose my verginity at the age of ten." You shoot back. Suddenly two of them come towards you and grabs your hair. They start to drag you away so you do the first thing you can think of. You kick them in the shins. 

  They let go of you just as two more come towards you. The one tries to jump on you and you roll to your left causing her to smack her head off the ground. You quickly get to your feet and try to reach Sadik's phone, since he was recording this the whole time. You try to run but the girl on the floor grabs your ankle making you fall to the ground. You kick her and hear a slight crack as your foot collides with her nose. 

  She lets go of you immediately and you get up and hurry to class. You walk into the room and sit down in your seat just as the bell rings. Mrs. Kanroo starts to give her lecture like she does every morning. You sigh and try to pay attention to what she's saying.