Chapter: 11

Hero's Only Sidekick 11

(N/N) = Nick Name

______________________

  Your P.O.V.

  It's been a week and a half since you've been captured. And lately you've been acting rowdy and causing as much trouble as you could. The reason behind that being that the enemy's attention was on you and not everyone else. So when they came to get someone to torture one of the people they help captive, it was usually you. Even if Matthew and your dad were against it.

  You were thrown back into your cell and listened as the foot steps retreated out of the room. Your back hurt from the whipping you had just injured. And of corse it was your luck that they had thrown you onto your back, causing you to hiss in pain. Even doing a face plant would have felt better then landing on already open wounds.

  "(Y/N) you need to stop taking the beating for all of us." Matthew said as you slowly rolled onto you stomach. "We can take it, plus we're all worrying about you. You can hardly move right now."

  "The maple bastards right, (Y/N)." Lovino agreed. To be honest, you were a bit surprised at that. But no one else spoke, not even your dad. The one that should be trying to protect you, didn't speak. But you were okay with that because you knew he was just too afraid to speak at all.

  "Fine, I'll stop drawing attention to myself but if they still choose to take me I don't want any of you acting out. Do we have a deal?" You asked and Lovino and Matthew grunted an agreement. They knew that was the best deal they were going to get from you.

  "(Y/N)!" You heard Gilbert's voice as he jogged into the room. You look up at him as he stops in front of your cell. "Are you alright?"

  "Yeah I'm fine." You answered. Then you slowly raise yourself so you're in a sitting position. It hurt to move but you bit your lip, not allowing yourself to show pain in front of the others.

  Once you're sitting you reach into your pocket to reveal a key. It was the key to your cell. When you were struggling to get away from the men that were bringing you to the whipping post you managed to slip it off the key ring. He hadn't even noticed with how much of a fight you had put up.

  You reach through the bars and gave the key to Gilbert. As he unlocks the door, you struggle to your feet. It hurt a lot to move and you were missing a lot of blood. But even then, you still had the will to keep moving. Every day that you've been here you put up a good fight no matter how much pain or how much blood you lost. You knew that you were slowly working to escape and that's what helped you push forward everyday.

  "Gilbert, give my dad the key. Just in case I end up getting caught we need to make sure we still have the key." You said but Gilbert didn't move. Instead he gave you the key so you could do it.

  You slowly moved towards your dad's cell which was right beside yours. You looked at him and you could see the worry in his eyes. You gave him a reassuring smile but you could see the tears in his eyes as well. He was worried about you even if he didn't say it aloud.

  "Daddy, I'm going to go get the keys for all of you guys. I'm going to get us all out and we're all going to go back home. I'll make sure of that. I promise you'll see mom again." Even if I don't, you finished in your head.

  "My brave little (N/N)." Your dad just barely whispered. You reached through the bars and gave him the key to your cell. Taking it, he put the key in his shoe to hide it. "Be careful."

  "Always." You said that one word and he smiled the slightest bit. You straitened and headed towards the door, slowly. Gilbert was already there and helped you through.

  Once in the hall you went right. That was the direction that they took you each time. You walked to the nearest door and slowly went inside. This was nothing but a storage closet and it had a little window so you could see outside.

  You had just closed the door and about three minutes of Gilbert and you hiding inside you heard someone walk by. You knew they were going to go get their next victim. You waited until you heard the person coming close again. This time it was accompanied with swearing. You knew it was none other then Lovino.

  Moving quickly you open the door, catching the guard in the left side. He backed up a couple of steps and Lovino took that moment to punch him in the jaw. Gilbert came out of the closet and grabbed the man and smashed him into the wall, knocking him out. You started to get the keys from his belt when someone slapped your back.

  You screamed out in pain and crumbled to the ground. The man that came up behind you had given you a five star on your open wounds. Your vision blackened around the corners but you blinked it back. You needed to stay conscious and not as venerable.

  Looking up, you saw that the man that was on the ground had a gun in his belt as well. You crawled over to his body and grabbed the gun just as the man Gilbert and Lovino were fighting grabbed his. Moving fast, you pointed the hand gun and fired. The bullet just managed to miss Lovino and Gilbert and hit the man in the neck.

  Lovino and Gilbert stared at the man for a moment as you struggled to your feet after grabbing the keys. You moved past your two friends and looked at them. "Grab the gun and let's go. We need to get moving, because we don't have much time before they send people to come and check what's going on."

  They looked at you in shock, realizing you were the one that shot the man. You rolled your eyes and turned to go to where everyone else was being held. You had a plan forming in your mind and you knew you were going to have to move quickly. And you needed Lovino and Gilbert to help.

  "Lovino you go and unlock everyone from their cells. Gilbert and I will stand guard and make sure no one gets in that room." You said and Lovino ran into the room while you and Gilbert took position on each side of the door. "Gilbert, you know where the armoury is from here, right?"

  "Ja, I do."

  "Good because we're going to have to get some guns so we can take these people down." You said and Gilbert couldn't help but smile.