Chapter: 5

Hero's Only Sidekick 5

Your group is at the airport waiting for Alfred and Gilbert's plane to get there. Matthew and Gilbert aren't that far away from you. Their just far enough away so they can talk to each other without you and Alfred listening. Which is kind of good for you and Alfred too.

"(Y/N), I'm not going any where yet." Alfred whispers. You shake your head and wrap your arms around his neck. You kiss him and he kisses you back. It only lasts about ten seconds before you pull away.

"I want to spend as much time as I can with you Alfie." You said. "I don't know when I'm going to see you next."

He smiles at you and rolls his eyes.

"I will see you again for a fact. The hero never dies." He said and you kiss his cheek.

"Of corse. And the hero always comes when someone needs them. So remember that I will always need you." You say and he nods.

"And a hero always needs a sidekick. (Y/N), you will always be my one and only sidekick. I would never replace you in a million years." He says and kisses you again.

This time it's not either of you that break the kiss, it's the speaker that announces the planes arrival. You hug Alfred one last time and watch as he climbs onto the plane with Gilbert.

"I can't believe they're going and may not come back." You say and Matthew nods. Your crying silent tears and can't help it. You hate the fact that you may never see Alfred again.

•*•*•*Time Skip cause I don't want to write what happens in the week*•*•*•

It's been one week since Alfred and Gilbert have left. You've been over at Matthew's the whole week and refuse to go to school. Even Matthew doesn't want to go. It's just not right having Alfred and Gilbert gone.

There's a knock at the door. You know Matt's not going to get up to answer it so you do instead. You walk down the stairs and answer the door. Opening the door you see a man in a dark green uniform.

"Excuse me miss but is Matthew Williams here?" He asks. You slowly nod and tell the man to wait a minute. You close the door and run up the stairs. You knock on Matthew's room door and tell him he's wanted.

He walks out of the room and you follow. You go into the kitchen but lean against the door to listen to what they are saying.

"Your Matthew Williams?" The man in the green asks.

"Yes." Matthew whispers.

"Well sir, you are needed in the front lines. Our numbers are slowly dissipating and we need more men. Your brother has told us that you would be handy to have on our side." The man says and Matthew nods.

"Very well sir. What time am I to leave?" Matthew asks and you know the tears are slowly gathering in your eyes. Why do you have to be friends with all guys? And all your friends including you were eighteen.

"High noon tomorrow. We shall be dispatching at the airport just like your brother last week." The man said and with that he left.

You slowly creep out of the kitchen and Matthew looks at you sadly. He knows that you heard that he's leaving. He comes towards you and wraps his arms around you in a brotherly way. You know that he doesn't want to leave you but you know he has no choice.

"I'm sorry, (Y/N)." He said. You can tell he's truly sorry. You sigh and take a step back.

"At least make sure Alfred's okay for me. And you better stay alive as well and make sure Gilbert does the same." You say and Matthew nods.

He's about to go up stairs to pack when he turns to look at you. "Are you go to...?" He trailed off and I knew he wanted to ask if I was going to be at the airport when he left tomorrow.

"Of corse. You should know that with out even asking." You said. He nods.

"I just thought that maybe you wouldn't want to." Matthew says and you understand his point.

"Don't worry Mattie. I'll be there." You say and leave to go back to your house.

You walk inside and your mom gives you a hug. She obviously knows that Matthew is leaving. I pull away and look at her. You can tell that something is wrong with her as well.

"Mom?" You ask and she looks at you seriously.

"(Y/N) I heard about Matthew. They're calling every male from the age of eighteen to fifty to war." She says and it takes a moment for what she's saying to sink in.

"Wait, that means dads leaving." You state and she nods.

"They gave his the choice of wether he wanted to leave this week or next week and he insisted he leaves with the group that leaves tomorrow." She said and you could see the tears in her eyes.

"Mom Matthew leaves tomorrow as well." You tell her and she nods.

"Maybe that's why he insisted on leaving tomorrow. He's always loved those two boys even if he doesn't show it. Alfred's already there and Matthews going tomorrow." Your mom says wiping at her tears.

"And the only reason he's not afraid to leave is because he knows we're safe here. He wants to help protect us and he wants to protect Alfred and Matthew." You say and your mom agrees.

"Right on the nose, sweetheart." She said and it you didn't realize it until know how close you and your mom were. You hadn't realized that you could practically read each others minds some times.

"I'm going to bed. I want to up bright and early so I can make dad and Matthew breakfast." You say and your mother nodded. You went up to your bed and soon fell asleep.

IM SOO SORRY I HAVENT UPDATED. I SORT OF FORGOT ABOUT THIS STORY BECAUSE I WAS BUSY WITH OTHER STORIES.

IM HOPING TO PUT 'France's little servant' AND 'Chances' UP SOON. IF YOUR INTERESTED HERES THE LITTLE ABOUT THING FOR 'France's little servant;

"When the countries find out about France having the one thing he wants to keep alive he wants to protect her. He doesn't know if the countries will take her away or try to kill her. Even if France is keeping her alive one fatal blow could kill her. So France is determined to get back to his former glory. When he was a strong country that some feared.

But the only thing is getting there will bring up some bad memories. Memories that may scare away the love of his life, Alice. Will she hate him? France doesn't want to take that chance. So he has to make sure Alice never finds out. Even if it means hurting himself."

THAT IS ALL I HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY. BYE.

~HetaliaFanfics55555