Chapter: 14

Hero's Only Sidekick 14

You've been back home for about a day. Your mom yelled at you for what you did but also told you how happy she was to have you and your father back. Your family was hosting a get together at the moment with Alfred, Gilbert and Lovino's families. There were a few other families here as well.

You, Alfred and Lovino were all sitting on the couch. You three were told to move as little as possible so you wouldn't disturbs our wounds. You didn't mind much since you were curled up into Alfred's good side. And Lovino seemed to be chatting with Antonio, so he didn't seem to mind much either.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. Surprised, your mother went to answer it. Everyone quieted as if wanting to hear what was going on. And you were shocked with what you heard.

"Is this the house of Roderick Edelstein?" A man asked. As soon as he spoke you remembered his voice. The Chief commander was here.

"Yes. Would you like to come in, he's right in the living room." Your mother said.

"Well I'm looking for (Y/N) (L/N)." He said and your eyes widened. Why would he be looking for you? And how did he know your real name?

"Oh well she's in the living room as well. I'm sorry but if you want to speak with her you shall want to come in since we don't want her moving too much. She was badly wounded when she was taken captive." Your mom said and you guessed that he nodded since you didn't hear anything after that.

Then the next you knew was you could hear heavy boots walking down the hall. You looked towards the doorway and watched as he came into view. He looked right at you as if knowing exactly who you were. You wouldn't be surprised if he actually did.

He looked around the room at everyone and his eyes stayed one everyone that he had the pleasure of meeting. But his eyes seemed to stay on Gilbert once he noticed that Gilbert was here as well. He smiled and looked back at you. You were really starting to wonder why he was here when he spoke.

"(Y/N), you surprised me the first day. And you continued to surprise me. You set the record for the fastest speed on the obstacle course, you were able to spot land mines hidden in the dirt and you gave yourself up so you could save your captured allies.
"And Gilbert. You both did things that put yourselves at risk for the sake of others. It was intriguing to here what you two did. It was the bravest thing that anyone I know has ever done. And that is why I want to award you two with special metals on Saturday." He said and everyone's eyes widened.

"Are you serious?" You asked and he nods. The next thing you knew was you and Gilbert getting congratulations from everyone in the room. But one this was bugging you.

"How did you know my real name, sir?" You asked and he looked over at Alfred.

"Alfred told me when I talked to him after seeing him do the obstacle course. And when you said you were Alfred's best friend, I knew." He said and you nodded. You could already tell why he didn't say anything about you being a girl, it was because he believed in you. And you guess he was right to do so.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

It was Saturday now. You were waiting to go on stage and get your bravery metal. Gilbert was standing beside you and he seemed just as nervous as you were. You were both excited to get the metals as well.

"I would like to award the bravery metals to two people that started the whole chain reaction to the end of the war. These two people gave themselves to the enemy so they could try and save their captured allies. They were victorious and were a big help in bringing down the enemy's base when we didn't even know where it was. In my opinion these two truly deserve this metal. Now please welcome to the stage Gilbert Beilshmidt..." The commander paused and waited for Gilbert to come up on stage.