Chapter: 7

Hero's Only Sidekick 7

Just a heads up;
(G/N) = (Guy/Name)
(L/N) = (Last/Name)

_______________________________

Once the plane sets down your wide awake. You look over at Ludwig and Feliciano to see them both sleeping. You shake them gently and they both slowly rouse. Of course Ludwig woke up first but as soon as he looked over at you he was helping you shove some strands of hair back under your hat. You thank him and look over to see Feliciano now fully awake as well.

"Alright everyone." A voice yelled from the exit. "You all get a week of getting ready before we set you off to the real thing. If you don't seem ready in a week's time we keep you for one extra. After that extra week, if your ready or not we send you out there unless you're weak and helpless, on that slim chance that that does happen then we drill you until your ready. Now get your stuff and get off this plane."

Moving fast you grabbed Feliciano and Ludwig's stuff, along with your own. Some how you three managed to be the first ones off the plane because everyone else's bags had gotten a bit mixed up. The Chief's eyes widened at this considering you had been at the back of the plane. Once you passed him you collected your luggage and were the first ones to get on the bus.

"Do you guys think we'll see Matthew or my dad?" You whispered to the two people sitting next to you. Ludwig shrugged and Feliciano shook his head.

"Your dad and Matthew are both really strong. Once the week was done they probably got sent off." Feliciano said and you nodded. He was right, they both really were strong and probably got shipped off.

Once everyone was on the bus you were off to your training camp.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•

"Okay solders, your first task is this obstacle course. Get through it as fast as you can and we'll mark down your progress. Two at a time and go when I say go." The commander yelled at everyone.

You were to run with someone you didn't know when Ludwig and Feliciano were to run after you. You were practically jumping up and down. You were ready for this. It made you think of how you and Alfred used to set up obstacle courses in his backyard when you were younger.

In no time you were at the front of the line. You looked over at the commander waiting for him to say go. It seemed to take forever but when he looked at you he seemed to look at you with a knowing smirk. Then he blew the whistle and you were off.

The first thing to do was climb a strait wall with nothing but rope. That was simple for you, since that was one of the obstacles you used to do. Once at the top of the wall you had to grab onto a new rope and swing to the next platform. You were just about to swing when you stuck out your hand and caught the guy you were partnered with. He said a quick thanks and you swung across the gap.

Once on the other side you noticed stairs going to the ground. But instead of being normal stairs these stairs were about a foot apart. You jumped to the first one with grace and had to help your partner so he wouldn't fall. Instead of doing that each time you just grabbed his arm and pulled him along with you so you were sure he wouldn't fall.

The next thing was tires. It wasn't that hard and thankfully your partner could do that by himself. Once done that you had to climb a rock wall. It was quick for you but when you looked down you noticed your partner was only halfway up. You looked to see what your next thing to do was and noticed it was zip-line. Oh how you loved the zip-line.

You grabbed the needed equipment and set it up for yourself. Then you also set it up for your slow partner. Once you had it set up you went back over to the rock wall and looked down to see him in arms reach. So acting quickly, you reached a hand down, which he took, and pulled him up. Then you hooked you both up and went down the zip-line to the finish.