WILDFIRE

~WILDFIRE~
introduction

The odds were never in her favor, Marina Winters was well aware of that

The odds were never in her favor, Marina Winters was well aware of that. Winning the 69th Hunger Games proved nothing, other than the horror tributes have had gone through for years and years in the games.

Resentment, practically evaporates off the strong bodied brunette, as her bones ache with hatred, when she think of her time in the arena. Hatred, is all she can think about when she thinks about the man in charge of it all, President Snow.

As if being reaped into the games wasn't bad enough, Marinas own district mate was her older brother.

Her and her brother fought side by side in the arena, until they couldn't no longer. Which ended with Rhett unfortunately sacrificing himself for his little sister to win the dreaded games.

Which left with Marina feeling broken.

The Winters girl barely even had time to grieve, before the people of the capital tried to sleep with her. As she was deemed a desirable. Marina tried to refuse the horror but her parents were threatened by President Snow.

Getting what little of her innocence that what left, stripped away changed her forever.

But that was something her and Finnick Odair bonded over.

The man that started as her mentor, helped her through the games. After the games he was the only person that allowed her to grieve her brother. He was always there for her when she needed him, he helped her through her countless nightmares. There relationship started a year and a half after she got out of the games.

Marina has never felt more comfortable ever, than how she did with Finnick.

Their strong friendship, turned into more one night when Marina realized he meant more to her then she thought before. He was and always will be her safe place.

Her and Finnick started fell in love, and she'll forever be grateful for him.

But she had to let him go.

Marina knew she loved him, that's why she let him go. That's what she told herself anyway.
The truth was she was falling in love, and she was scared to lose him too.  

Due to her pain and suffering from the Capital and what she had to do in the games, she was worried that she didn't deserve to be happy after the loss of her brother.

Marina started to distance herself from Finnick, but he knew something was wrong.

He just wanted her to understand how much she meant to him.

He would fight to give her the entire world if that's what she wanted. He would do anything for her.

He would fly to the moon is she asked him too. He would clime the tallest mountain just to see her smile. He would run straight into a wildfire if it meant she would be forever happy.