iii. catching the capitals attention

~WILDFIRE~
chapter 3

Marina is extremely smart, that's a known fact

Marina is extremely smart, that's a known fact. People knew that even before she was in the games, but her physical strength came to a surprise to people. The other tributes didn't expect a beautiful young girl, to be good in the arena, but they were dead wrong.

She was able to protect herself with a spear she found the first day into her games. Marina taught herself how to fight, well enough to protect herself and her brother during her first games.

Finnick as her mentor, told her that it could play to her advantages that the other tribute's underestimated her. So he helped her train on the down low, and it helped her tremendously in the arena.

"Marina Winters- for individual assessment!" A peacekeeper said as marina walked to the room.

So when asked to show a specific skill, Marina right away grabbed a spear, and started to spar with it. 

Her goal was to get the attention of the peacekeepers from the capital.

Goal achieved!

Taking her spear and spinning it slightly in her hands, Marina walked up to the dummy and using the blunt end pushed the whole thing backwards. Then she kicked it very hard making the dummy crash on the ground. Marina then slammed her spear through the stuffing of the dummy before pulling it back out.

Grabbing a stray marker, Marina took it and wrote on the dummy, in big bold letters. 'This should be Snow'

Smirking slightly at the peacekeepers, Marina saluted then wiped sweat from her brow before stomping out of the room. "Who's next?"

❃❃❃

The overwhelming amount of people in the tributes training center was starting to get to her. The large room was full consisting of all the tributes, gamekeepers, and the mentors. Marina decided to stand off in the corner until there was an empty training space. Walking over as the knot tying station becomes free, Marinas gently hands grab the rope and started gracefully tying. A familiar voice speaks from behind her a proud smirk across their face.

"I heard what you did in your individual assessment! It's a good think you haven't gone soft over the years." Johanna smiles as Marina whips around to face her with her own smirk.  

"Johanna!" Marina cheered happily standing up to hug her.

The said girl smiled at her before sarcastically rolling her eyes, "this is a great deal we've been dealt isn't it?" Crossing her arms with a look of anger Johanna continued after sighing. "Going back into the damn arena! Dealing with the capital again. Fun right?"