v. tick tock

~WILDFIRE~
chapter 5

Ignoring the aching in her bones, Marina grabbed Finnicks arm and pulled him along beside her as they ran as fast as they could

Ignoring the aching in her bones, Marina grabbed Finnicks arm and pulled him along beside her as they ran as fast as they could. "Come on!" Shaking her hand trying to get rid of the pain from the hot boils which we're forming quickly, Marina looked back to see Katniss struggling to pull Peeta along with her. "The fog is poison."

Marina squeezed her eyes shut tightly as Finnick let out a cry of pain. Sighing she let go of her hold on his arm, she ran back towards Katniss. Lifting Peeta's arm, that wasn't over Katniss shoulder, Marina threw his unoccupied arm over her shoulder as her and Katniss supported his weight while moving.

The sound of cries of pain come from all 4 of the tributes as they continue running along. Due to the fog, Marina couldn't see a big root sticking out from the tree as she fell down, with a welp of pain. Katniss noticing the girl and tried to turn around for her with Peeta still by her shoulder. "It's ok-okay just go" Marina called out in pain.

Finally looking back as realizing what was happening, Finnick shakes his head, "no Marina you have to keep going." Nodding his head with an idea Finnick rushed over and grabbed her by the waist and pulled her up.

Finnick pushed the girl towards Katniss as he ran over and grabbed Peeta since Katniss couldn't carry him on her own.

Marina smiled as Katniss wrapped her arm around her and pulled her forward. "We have to get out of here." Katniss yelled before groaning in pain.

Closing her eyes as she blacked out from the intense pain, Marina didn't realize that the group was coming by a hill. So Katniss fell down the hill and took Marina down with her. Marina knocked her head off the side of a large stick as Katniss flew forward in the water.

Yelling out in pain for a moment before stopping, Katniss looked around shocked. "The water! The water helps."

Peeta struggled to move his self towards the water before groaning as the water met his body. After the pain left him, Katniss and him pulled Finnicks blacked out body towards the water.

Yelling out as he flails his arms around, finally waking up Finnick looks around in a panic. "Marina! Where is she?"

Katniss walked out of the water and pulled up Marinas body as Finnick came and carried her bridal style towards the body of water. Carefully placing her down as the water met her bones, Finnick sighed at the pained expression on the girls beautiful face.

Opening her eyes with a cry of pain, Marina looked up at Finnick and visibly calmed. "I know it hurts. I'm Sorry Darling." He mutters quietly as he presses a kiss to her forehead.

Marina sighed as the burning on her body finally disappeared.

❃❃❃