iv. let the games begin

~WILDFIRE~
chapter 4

The games are beginning, and a sense of urgency to survive builds through Marina

The games are beginning, and a sense of urgency to survive builds through Marina. The only thing on her mind to do as soon as the cannon goes off, is to find Finnick and survive.

Despite her oddly readiness to get to the arena, Marina has one last moment with Apollo before she is sent off to fight. Apollo comes over and apologizes as he sticks the tracker in her arm. Sensing her worries now as she gave a moment to think about it more. Apollo clears his throat and pulls her into a embrace.

"Marina honey, you're strong you have nothing to worry about." She nodded slowly trying to agree. "Stay safe!"

"You need to promise me something," he got close to her ear and whispered, "if the plan works to start a rebellion, and you and Finnick both get out, make sure you give him another chance. Before it is too late."

Marina hesitantly nodded as she already thought about it before the man said anything. After sparing one last smile with the man, she hesitantly took a slow step into the capsule, which will bring her up to the arena.

As the capsule takes her upwards, Marina looks around at the new sights around her. Each individual tribute is standing on a separate space of the land around the circle. All were separated by water. Water. Marina couldn't be happier that there's water here. It reminds her of home. Her home.

Marina sighed taking a look around trying to meet the eyes of Finnick. Before bringing her attention back to the games. Marina got ready to run, as the announcer started the count down.

Ten.

Nine.

Eight.

Seven.

Six.

Five.

Four.

Three.

Two.

One.

As soon as it led to one, utter chaos erupted around the arena.

'Let the games begin!'  Marina thought as she sprung into action.

She rushes forward and dodged someone from district 1 as she grabbed a spear from the weapons pile. As a male tribute pulled her in the water, Marina kicked him before finding her spear.  Marina stabbed them through the chest then let go of their lifeless body as it floated up in the water. Shaking as the cannon fires, the girl stood up out of the water and made her way towards Finnick.

"Good thing we're allies right?" Finnick taunted Katniss as he holds out his gold bangle and points towards Marinas gold locket that hangs by her collarbones.

Katniss looked at the two in utter confusion. "Where did you get that?"

"Where do you think Katniss?" Marina sighed tapping Finnick as they noticed a tribute come up behind her.