1 The beginning

Before I start: this is an au of Sonic that is traumatized. Also this is an au that they are aged up to where Sonic would be in college, so if you do not wish to read that, than please leave.
If you do wish to read, then continue:

Sonic's POV
I was walking on campus going to my second, and last class. I was happy that with college all I had was the two classes that I chose prior to starting. It was around the middle of the year, and I was already getting fed up from the people that would constantly bicker with me when I went outside so they wouldn't get caught. Luckily Tails was a smart enough kid to get into college early and had the first class with me, although since it was only one class some bullies took the advantage of pestering me after my second class ended. I couldn't really do anything about it either because if I did they'd just blackmail me, and obviously that's not something I really wanted to happen so I just dealt with it. I walked into class, and went to the back of the room where I sat down at a desk, and sighed as I didn't want to be there, but it was the only way to make sure I could take care of Tails since even though he got into college he couldn't really get a job afterward, and apparently being a hero didn't get them money even though people should be happy to be alive. I sighed again heavily as the professor started to speak, and I reluctantly payed attention.
~Later~
I got up, and walked out of class quickly, bursting into a run as soon as I got outside so I didn't have to deal with my pestering bullies. I ran out to the beach in a deserted area of it so I could be alone for a little bit since it was tiring to talk to people so often, and sat down looking at the ocean. "It maybe scary to be in, but it sure is pretty to look at.." I muttered to myself just to hear a familiar voice behind me. I snapped my head around to see him.
"I knew I'd find you here faker." He walked up to me, and sat beside me. I was still looking at him. "Nice to see you too Shadow, although it would be nice if you would greet me a bit nicer." I got a glare as response. How nice of him. "Okay, okay, I won't bother you about it." I told him just happy to be with him.. I know I thought it would be nice to be alone but. Being with him was kinda being alone but better. It was a weird feeling, almost like a fuzzy feeling, and warm? Like I was wrapped up in a soft blanket when he was around, and it made me feel safe. Wait! What am I thinking?! We only started to be friends a few months ago I can't be thinking this way about him, it's wrong! I looked back at the ocean noticing that I had been staring at him. I hope he didn't notice..

Welp- it's kinda short but I may change it later- sorry if it's bad I'm kinda new to writing fanfics, and I'm not sure what people like.