Chapter Twenty One: Kill Bill

Chapter Twenty One

FINNEGAN DE LA TORRE

It's been one week after that incident. Uh no, not incident, hindi rin imagination. Let's try to call it expedition.

Gosh, I feel heated when I remember how we tried to devour each other. It was heaven and hell at the same time when I try to remember that moment. The heat that I was feeling is both because I was making out with my ex-boyfriend and embarrassed that I was high on date rape drug.

"May nilagay siyang powder sa juice drink mo,"Matthew explained. Nasa coffee shop na kami that time and my sense were trying to calm down during that moment. "Apparently, that drug is supposed to make you horny and Edemson is known to lure freshmen into sex."

"How did you know?"

Matthew shot a quick glance to Isagani pero hindi ko na sinundan yung mata nya. I don't have a face to show Isagani after kong lamutakin mukha niya.

"By the way," Genesis started. "Sorry Finnegan if I dragged you into this. Wala talaga ako idea na may masamang balak pala yung gagong yon sa iyo." Genesis was apologetic. He was sipping a cup of his coffee too just like what I was doing. Our headache was getting the best of us but I still managed to smile.

"Hindi mo din naman kasalanan at hindi mo rin din naman alam."

I was shocked that Gani was the one who spoke. I gave him a wry smile but his look to me was calculated. Magkaharap kami sa table at hindi ko pa din siya matitigan ng maayos. Our ending was awkward, cut short, at masakit sa puson so I guess that's the reason why I cannot look at the guy. I was not even sure of what's running inside of his mind, is he angry? Is he disgusted?

Genesis distracted my train of thoughts. Bigla nyang hinawakan ang leeg ko since siya ang katabi ko. He ran one finger to a thumping area in my neck. "Oh my god! Did Edemson did this to you? Binigyan ka ba niya ng hickey?"

The reaction was too quick. Nabuga ni Matthew ang iniinom nyang tubig, napaubo si Isagani, at namula naman ang mukha ko sa reaction. I immediately covered that part of my neck and pushed away his hands.

"This is nothing," I tried to lie. "Kagat ata to ng lamok."

"Oo nga, dami ngang lamok sa unit natin lately."

I nodded at Isagani's response. "Tama, tama. Need na ata natin bumili ng baygon."

Genesis looked at me then looked at Isagani for one hot minute then pursed a smile. "I get it."

"No, you don't," I insisted but Matthew saved my butt when he cleared his throat.

"Enough na Gen, kailangan pa natin ipablotter si Edemson sa police station."

When we stood up, Isagani was quick to put his hand behind my back to support my weight. I was not limping but the fog inside my brain makes it hard to walk. Parang akong luting na may bad case ng hangover.

"You sure you're okay?"

I nodded slowly but turned to look at him for politeness. After all he saved my sorry ass from a fucking rapist. I grabbed his shoulder and finally we met eye to eye.

"Thank you Gani for helping me a while back. Hindi ko alam kung paano mo nalaman kung nasaan ako or kung sino kasama ko pero thank you talaga."

Isagani smiled, his gaze softened me and I felt myself blushing. He chuckled and then suddenly he pointed at my neck.

"Welp, sorry about that," I was not sure if he was trying to tease me but it worked. "Are you sober enough to talk about what happened?"

I instinctively covered my neck. I was still blushing at kung tama pa pagkakakilala ko kay Isagani ay hindi siya nagdadalawang isip pag-usapan ang mga ganitong bagay. Back then, he was pushy with certain topics and he was not afraid of confrontations just like what he did earlier this morning.