Chapter Sixteen: Make me Remember

Chapter Sixteen

FINNEGAN DELA TORE

"Anong nangyari sa iyo at hindi ka makaupo ng maayos?" Genesis was not filtering his words when he saw me and Isagani walk together inside the school lobby of the College of Arts building.

I ignored him and faced Isagani after fixing myself to seat properly. Tama nga sya, hindi ko basta basta maiuupo ang natamaang part ng balakang ko.

"I think I can manage na Isagani. Thank you sa paghatid."

I saw Isagani hesitate for a minute but then turned to me to show his brightest smile. "Okay basta magchat ka lang sa akin if ever you need anything from me, okay?"

I nodded.

"Also, para hindi masyadong masakit ang pag-upo mo try mong ilapat yung weight mo sa kabilang side. Inumin mo rin yung painkiller na nilagay ko sa bag mo just make sure na may laman tyan mo ha?"

Genesis stood up from his seat and closed his mouth with his palm while pointing at the two of us. His eyes were wide with shock.

"What the. Don't tell me. Oh my God! Kaya ba nahihirapan ka umupo kasi may bembangan na naganap?"

I instinctively took a notebook from the table then hit him in his temples.

"Hoy!" I sneered. "Tumigil ka nga Genesis! Bunganga nito oh."

He raised his arms in the air and waved it around. "No need to explain, oh my God! Sorry for being nosy!"

I felt my face turn red. "Hindi nga! Tell him Isagani, tell him!"

Isagani just chuckled and looked at me awkwardly then turned his gaze to Genesis.

Just in time, biglang lumapit na sila Matthew and Lance sa amin. They were shocked when they saw Isagani here. This will be the first time that the two saw Isagani in flesh.

"Hi Finnegan, Gen, good morning," Matthew greeted us and was avoiding Isagani's stare. Meanwhile, Lance just nodded his head to all of us then sat at the lobby table.

I gestured towards Isagani and faked a smile. "This is Isagani nga pala. My roommate."

I thought of doing that kasi technically hindi sila naalala ni Isagani so they were strangers to him. Lance's facial expression was still the usual but Matthew seemed to break a forced smile.

"Isagani, these are Matthew," I pointed at him "and Lancelot."

"Hello," Isagani offered his hand for a handshake but the two hesitated. Tinignan ko pa sila ng medyo matagal bago nila kunin ang kamay ni Isagani.

"Nice meeting you." Isagani mentioned. "Anyway, I have to go. Magsisimula na rin class ko."

I only nodded but Isagani went closer to my face to whisper something.

"Let me know if you need help ha? Punta agad ako dito."

I swear Matthew heard him because he instantly shot a surprised look at my direction. Hindi actually surprised look kundi naintriga siya.

Again, I nodded and this time Isagani started to walk away from us. When he was outside of the building, napaupo na naman ako ng matagal para hindi ko mainda ang sakit sa balakang ko.

Lance noticed this. "Anong nangyari sa yo?"

"Wag ka sumagot," I immediately cut Genesis off. He was about to open his mouth and for sure kung ano ano na naman sasabihin nya. "Nadulas ako sa banyo kaninang umaga tas natama lang yung balakang ko sa bath tub."

Matthew sighed. "Once a klutz, always a klutz."

"By the way, kamusta na set up nyo ni Isagani?" Lance asked me with a subtle hint of concern in his tone. "Nagulat ako ha infairness na hindi nya talaga kami maalala."