5

Jennie thought she was saved but much to her horror the police officer hugged her kidnapper. 

The guy in the police uniform gave the kidnapper a stern look. "What are you doing here? You don't belong in this place," he said.

The kidnapper frowned and glanced around at the rundown house. "I had nowhere else to go," she replied, her voice barely above a whisper.

The man sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Look, I know things haven't been easy for you and I don't want to see you get hurt any more than you already have been," he said, his gaze still stern but now with an edge of sympathy. "Maybe it would be best if you took my advice and left the country for somewhere where the police won't be on your tail." The kidnapper looked away from him, her brow furrowed.

Jennie felt like she had been betrayed, as if all hope for her escape had been extinguished. She wanted to scream out for help, but she knew it would do no good; this man seemed like he was part of some organized crime gang. She backed away quickly, trying not to draw attention to herself, even as tears began streaming down her face as she helplessly watched them talk as if they were old friends reunited after years apart. But her heart sank even further when the woman addressed the officer by name. She called him 'Jin' and Jennie felt like she had stepped into a nightmare. She realized that this woman, who appeared to be her captor, was in fact the little sister of the police officer sent to rescue her.

It seemed that Jin had been involved in criminal activities for years and Jennie now knew why he had been called away so quickly - his little sister needed help. It was clear that their relationship was far more than just friendly; there seemed to be a deep bond between them that could only come from being family.

Jennie's mind raced as she tried to make sense of it all; how could someone like Jin, who dedicated his life to upholding the law, have any connection with this criminal?