Chapter 21 - Queen of Hearts (Ⅴ)

Third Person POV:

''Thanks for your help, Nakano-san. Without you, we would be damn ruined by now.''

''Seriously, did you call me for just carry some box, tch...''

Unlike everyone else, Nino Nakano's day wasn't a fun one. She had to spend the entire morning and afternoon doing errands due her class schedule. Controlling the activities of other classes, maintaining order inside and outside the school, and of course, the system slaves' favorite job; Carrying boxes containing god knows what.

The anxiety caused by the fact that midterm results will be announced soon and the anger of not being able to have fun already made Nino apprehensive.

''I had to call you because everyone else was busy. Gomen, Nakano-san.''

''Whatever. I'm mad at them because the student council gave us this ridicilous job. Not you.''

''Let's see...You need to get those four boxes over there to the running track. Don't worry, they're not heavy. Boys did all the hard work already.

''Am I free after that?''

''Most likely, you've already helped us enough today.''

''Good. If boys and girls fight over that stupid cooking contest ever again...Ugh 💢''

Nino picked up that four boxes lying on the floor and hold them all at once.

''Huh...They're not that heavy. What did you say was in them?''

''Just giving back some stuffs we took before. Good luck.''

''As if I needed luck to carry the stupid boxes!''

Nino left with the boxes. Given how easy the last task of the day was, she felt at least a little relief atlast. The third floor of the school is as lively as everywhere else. Since it was the floor where the inter-class cooking competition was held, almost the entire third floor was filled with the smells of ingredients. Mint, thyme, sage and...Burnt?

''For God's sake, again?! This was seventh! Ah well...Not my problem anymore.''

All these smells caused something to come to her mind when Nino descended the stairs.

''I promised Miku today... Let's get shit done and meet her.''

''Hey, don't run on the stairs! Tch

''Hey, don't run on the stairs! Tch...''

There were children in the academy as well because the festival was open to the public.  Secondary and primary school students're just having fun in their own way.

''Ara~ Still doing legwork?''

''Huh, Oh...Ichika.''

''How do you continue to work? Give yourself some time to breathe.''