Chapter 42 - Trouble Multiplied By Five

— [ 𝐅𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐬, 𝐃𝐚𝐲 𝟐, 𝐀𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥-𝐝𝐚𝐲 ] —

Itsuki's POV:

The last two days have been great, honestly damn pretty great. My chemistry exam today was more... acceptable than I thought it would be. Take that, carbonaceous organic bases – I beat you this time!

We all gathered in the living room for post-exam discussion and to prepare for tomorrow's math exam. Uesugi-kun and Asuka should be arriving soon. God, when I see Asuka, I'm planning to give him the tightest hug imaginable. I mean, so tight that it'll probably embarrass him. Hehe, can't wait!

''Are you okay Itsuki? Stop daydreaming.''

''Oh, Miku...'' I shook my head. ''N-no! I-I was calculating my test score. Y-yeah! You know how important that is! I'd rather at least know my result in advance than stay idle like you!''

''Weirdo.''

''–Ha!''

''Now now ladies, no more drama allowed in this house anymore. We're here today to pat ourselves on the back for the awesome job we've pulled off. And trust me, when Fuutarou-kun sees what we've done, he and Asuka-kun'll be absolutely blown away!''

''Heck! You didn't even do that well, ain't you a bit too full of yourself?'' Nino rolled her eyes. It's still hard to get used to her new hairstyle. But hey, the shopping mall hangout yesterday was good. Just a couple of hours solo, and it hit us that we messed up big time.

''Onee-chan is just proud of her work~ Hehe.''

''Whatever...Okay, where the hell are those two?''

''Unusual for you to wait for them to come, Nino

''Unusual for you to wait for them to come, Nino. Did something happen?'' I asked. ''Woah, this pudding is amazing.''

''None of your business, hmpf. I'm just trying to be more understanding, like you said yesterday. Besides I'd rather kill myself than let him escape after that conversation.''

''I think Nino realized how useful Asuka-kun and Uesugi-san are! Look at us, this is the first time we've been this excited about our exam grades.''

''They really helped us a lot.'' Miku looked at the math test lying blank in front of her. ''But once again, I'm realising that we're idiots.''

''Cheer up, Nino. All you have to do is believe in yourself.''

''Ugh– You should worry about your own matters Yotsuba.''

Everything is back to normal at our penthouse for now. All five of us are together. Asuka's place was genuinely nice and cozy, but it just feels good to be home. I wouldn't change this for anything.

''Well, it just so happens that there's a tutoring session today. Guess we'll be focusing on the next three day's exams. After that we–''

*Ding-Dong...*